IGNORED

Register your Nintendo Account now. (finally)

cimerians

This only took a decade:

http://nintendoeverything.com/register-for-your-nintendo-account-right-now/

Anyway, its pretty simple, they will email you a verification code and put that in and your all set.

This MUST be the new account system we've been wanting for a long time that hopefully ties your purchases to your account (not a piece of hardware). If not it may be for their mobile stuff. Whatever.....they need to clean this up, its been way too long.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where to enter promotional codes? I got an e-mail with one but I don't see any place to do that on the page.

On the top left there's a little striped box that says menu, click that and then click redeem a point code. I think thats it. Its easy not to notice it.

Yeah, this basically looks like Club Nintendo but with more of a "gamey" kind of aspect to it. Not exactly what I was expecting, but still, I guess it's cool a reward system is back. I'm going to go ahead and check out Miitomo. I'm at work for long hours and can afford to spend some time poking around with the app. I figure if I get some rewards points for using it when I'm bored, then I guess it will be fine.

Edited by Austin

All right, I take that back (a little bit, at least). It seems like when it comes to game purchases, you are really only getting rewarded for buying the digital copies of games. I think Nintendo learned a lesson from providing paper codes in the Wii and early Wii U days because anyone can grab them and use them. The new way gives them more control. A bit of a shame, I buy very few digital games now in Nintendo's ecosystem, it's physical or nothing for me.

Edited by Austin

All right, I take that back (a little bit, at least). It seems like when it comes to game purchases, you are really only getting rewarded for buying the digital copies of games. I think Nintendo learned a lesson from providing paper codes in the Wii and early Wii U days because anyone can grab them and use them. The new way gives them more control. A bit of a shame, I buy very few digital games now in Nintendo's ecosystem, it's physical or nothing for me.

Exactly. I'm a physical game buyer only.