IGNORED

CDX & CDR's

walter_J64bit

I've just burnt 9 coasters so I've did some poking around on the internet , I've read that the CDX is picky when it come to using CDR's so what CDR's do you use on your CDX? I'm looking into the CDR's that are archival grade gold to see if they might work.

Edited by walter_J64bit

the burning software or the settings might be the problem. I don't have much interest in CD games, but I have burnt a few without issue.

I used Verbatim that look like Records for several and they worked like a charm.

I might want to try IMGburn it is an awesome piece of free software and the only thing I use to burn ISO files. Just be careful, as any time a site is offering free software they always have a bunch of bullshit ads that look like download links.

the burning software or the settings might be the problem. I don't have much interest in CD games, but I have burnt a few without issue.

I used Verbatim that look like Records for several and they worked like a charm.

I might want to try IMGburn it is an awesome piece of free software and the only thing I use to burn ISO files. Just be careful, as any time a site is offering free software they always have a bunch of bullshit ads that look like download links.

Hmmm, I've never been big on Verbatim but I'll try them out, IMGburn downloading it now I hate all that add in unwanted software :( thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

IMGburn works really well with burning Sega Cd Titles but if you burn stuff at 1x I have noticed they have less a chance of failing. I made a few coasters myself when I tried it at higher speeds and then there was the whole BIN and CUE file issue I came across as well. Once you get started its easy coasting from there though not coastering.

Hmmm, I've never been big on Verbatim but I'll try them out, IMGburn downloading it now I hate all that add in unwanted software :( thanks.

IMGburn works really well with burning Sega Cd Titles but if you burn stuff at 1x I have noticed they have less a chance of failing. I made a few coasters myself when I tried it at higher speeds and then there was the whole BIN and CUE file issue I came across as well. Once you get started its easy coasting from there though not coastering.

My CDX is an oddball burning at 1x the games wont boot, but 16X they work but now I need to find a CDR that my CDX can use, with the Verbatim CDRs they boot some of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Some factors that go into disc burning in general that may help:

• Buffer - Close all programs while burning, and burn at a constant low speed for best results
  • Software & File Types - Some people have success with stuff like Nero, but you want to use ImgBurn or Alcohol120% for proper ISO burning
  • Laser - A dirty laser will have varying levels of performance with different disc types. Factory/retail CDs reflect the laser better than burned, so a dirty laser may have an easier time reading retails discs. Clean the laser with a q-tip and alcohol.
  • Disc Quality - Better discs have better results. Taiyo Yuden makes the best CD-Rs on the planet in my experience

There's many other factors that can play into it too, but I think those are the most important things to be aware of when figuring out why you're making coasters. Hope that helps!