IGNORED

How Many 2600's Do You Own

hizzy

I generally keep one of every console. I don't really collect doubles and triples or console variants... :P

Currently I own:

Atari: 2600A 4-switch Woody, Best refurbished AV 7800, one dead Lynx I, one working Lynx I.

Nintendo: NES Toaster w/ Blinking Light Win, AV Famicom, SNES, smoke translucent N64, Game Cube, and a Wii-U deluxe

Nintendo Portable: DMG Game Boy (custom case and backlight), GBA, GBA-SP (Classic NES Edition), DS phat, pink/white 3DS xL, Black N3DS xL.

3rd Party: Sega Genesis Model 1, Turbografx, PS3 Slim 160Gb

Clone: Super Retro Trio (with Advance Retro Port), Retro Freak, Atari FB2, Coleco FB

Homebrew: Uzebox, Raspberry Pi MAME cab (Porta Pi)

ATARI 6-switch/wood effect/Atari-wong/CX-2600 U/s.n 548090451
ATARI 6-switch/wood effect/Atari-wong/CX-2600 U/S.N 548560132 (UNTESTED)
ATARI 6-switch/wood effect/Atari-wong/CX-2600 U/S.N 548432257 (UNTESTED)
ATATI 6-switch/wood effect/Atari/CX-2600/S.N 88106 (UNTESTED/NO RF)
ATARI 4-switch/all black /CX-2600 AP/s.n 103 A1 0011260

ATARI junior (large rainbow)/ATARI 2600/s.n X717 3 179524
ATARI junior (large rainbow)/ATARI 2600/s.n x723 3 407819
ATARI junior (large rainbow)/ATARI 2600/s.n x105 3 882157
ATARI junior (large rainbow)/ATARI 2600 JR/s.n A1 793 346865
ATARI junior (small rainbow)/CX-2600 JR/s.n AT 860350524 scrap/parts
ATARI junior (small rainbow)/CX-2600 /s.n AI 0016260 untested

I think one of the juniors is Irish (black stripe) It has been a while since I dug them out lol

I own a Light Sixer that doesn't work, and a four-switch Woody promotional model ("NOT FOR RESALE" stamped into the bottom) which works great. That one is my go-to for when I need an actual 2600 console.

Honorable mentions (i.e., machines that can play 2600 carts but aren't actually a 2600) include my 7800 and my Colecovision with the expansion module. While the 7800 is usually handier, sometimes I'll grab the actual 2600 down for compatibility with stuff that my 7800 just doesn't seem to like (i.e., some games played through the Harmony cart, and Burgertime specifically).

Edited by rockman_x_2002

I have one of each that had a US release.

Sunnyvale heavy sixer

Light sixer

4 switch woody

Sears heavy sixer

Sears light sixer

Sears 4 switch woody

Black Vader 4 switch

Junior short rainbow

Junior long rainbow

Sears video arcade 2

Promotional use only 4 switch

Unofficial releases I have:

Columbia home arcade

Coleco gemini

And, of course, I have a 7800 and the colecovision expansion module 1, if that counts.

I'd love to get the atari 2800, the PAL Junior that has the built in games, and the black Irish junior.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one - the Vader model that my mother bought me in 1989 at a garage sale for my birthday.

I'm a young 'un compared to a lot of folks here at (almost) 34 and came to the system when it was already "last gen." I wanted a NES really badly but we were a single income family of 5 and could not afford it at the time. It made a lifelong Atari fan out of me though!

I have been thinking of adding a second console as a back up though. Maybe a 4 switch woody or a Jr.

I'm pretty certain that's the first time I've ever seen Sega referred to as a third party.

I think you're taking my post out of context. I lumped all my Nintendo consoles, Atari consoles, and handhelds together. So the outlier companies that I only had one console, I lumped together under third party: PS3, Turbo, and Genesis.

And yes, I am aware that Sega has other consoles besides the Genesis, but the 16-bit era Genesis is the only one I have nostalgia for. I also have a handful of SMS games and a Power Base Mini, but I don't really have interest in the CD and 32X add-ons. I like my consoles pure and unadulterated. |:)

I think you're taking my post out of context. I lumped all my Nintendo consoles, Atari consoles, and handhelds together. So the outlier companies that I only had one console, I lumped together under third party: PS3, Turbo, and Genesis.

And yes, I am aware that Sega has other consoles besides the Genesis, but the 16-bit era Genesis is the only one I have nostalgia for. I also have a handful of SMS games and a Power Base Mini, but I don't really have interest in the CD and 32X add-ons. I like my consoles pure and unadulterated. | :)

I knew that was probably what you meant, just not what normally comes to mind when you read "third party."

I have all of Sega's consoles, mostly because I found them cheap rather than any burning need to own them. I don't think I even own any games for my Saturn. I probably should get rid of them. The only ones I have any interest in at all are the SMS and the Dreamcast.

Currently have 4. My original light sixer that I got for my birthday back in 1980, a heavy sixer that I won on a bet with a friend in 1986 when the Mets won the World Series, a 2nd heavy sixer that I got off ebay a few years ago, and a 4-switch woody that I also got on ebay because I wanted the cartridge lot that came with it. About 20 years ago I also got a Junior that a co-worker gave away when he was cleaning out his garage.....but I ended up throwing it in the trash when I moved 12 years ago (kinda wish now that I had kept it, but oh well).

Very cool seeing what everyone else has. Part of me would really love to get every variation, but space and budget are limited. Right now I have:

Working:

- Atari 4 switch Woody - my original from childhood. I let most of the cartridges go back in the early 90s, but never let the actual system go.

- Sears Heavy Sixer - acquired this one about a year ago. Love it - this is the one I routinely use.

Not working:

- Atari 6 switch Light Sixer - bought "as is" on Ebay really cheap with thoughts of turning into a Raspberry Pi case running Stella. Now having thoughts of just repairing it instead, it looks like it may just be one blown capacitor.

- Atari Flashback 2 - not sure what went wrong with this guy. I'd love it get it working again too.

I have had multiples of this console ever since I got my first one as a kid. Currently I have a 6 switch non heavy sixer as my main console with a 4 switch woody that needs to be serviced as a backup. I have had just about every version of this console made, my first one was the sears video arcade II system. the only versions I have never had are the original heavy sixer, and the original sears video arcade versions.

I've given a couple away to friends over the last year or so. I think I'm down to about 15 or 16 now. A few of each different flavor but I love my heavy 6'rs the best. One Atari branded and one Sears. About 5 or 6 light sixers, a couple of sears light sixers, 3 or 4 Vaders, a couple of juniors, a couple wood grain four switchers, a couple gemini's (one of which still needs a power port and joystick port resolder)

• Like 2