IGNORED

Games That Make You Lose Track Of Time

BillyHW

Goldeneye for the N64. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's when I was addicted as all get out. I spent countless hours playing it all night whether it was single player missions, earning cheat codes beating the levels at a certain time, or multiplayer death matches. Goldeneye really set the standard for losing track of time.

Other mentions are.

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Shenmue

Shenmue 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

• Like 2

I can't tell you how many times I was playing Civilization and then looked out the window to see the sun come and and I was like, WTF?

What games did it for you?

BITD (early 80's) SimCity was the bane of my existence when it came to things regarding the old clock. That was the only program that I ever played that almost made me late for work (once). Now I must admit, it was also my excuse for putting off cutting the grass. :grin:

• Like 1

There's been a few over the years. Animal Crossing: Wild World on Nintendo DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS are the first ones that come to mind, and I couldn't even begin to count how many hundreds of hours of my life disappeared into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on the Xbox 360. All of those games could make hours disappear in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

Simulation games and action RPG games for me.

Sim city, sim City 2000 Sim City 3000... and the great winner, Sim City 4 Rush Hour. Newer SC games are shite, and Cities Skyline... meeh, doesn't have that SC4 vibe and intricate transportation-solving solutions.

As of recently, OpenTTD. With mods, you can play from 1870 to 2050, over 130 years of transportation development.

openttd.jpg

Been playing hours on Oblivion and Skyrim (without and with mods).

While not playing endlessly on them because of their narrative nature, I recall spending lenghty hours of game sessions on the Silent Hill series. (except the first one.. I know it so well, I complete it under 2 hours...).

I recall obtaining Silent Hill 4 on PC, starting to play around 21H... and thanksfully it was the week-end, because I played.. and played.. and played.. arrived to the end... relaxed as I had completed one run, and felt like "hmm, maybe I should get to bed..." and looking at ye olde clcok, I see 6H30. Oooops!

Edited by CatPix

Great topic.

For me, any sort of management game, be it Civilization, Master of Orion, Sim City, Roller Coaster Tycoon, the Total War games, etc. Those suck me in fairly well, though not like the used to.

Also the elder scrolls games. Morrow wind really caught my attention as did Skyrim. Oblivion less so. But Morrowin really was like crack.

Pokemon Shuffle for the 3DS and Super Mario 3D land(also for 3DS)

Megaman Battle Network games (GBA)

Final Fantasy IV (GBA Version)

Klax (Lynx)

Rampage (Lynx)

Cookie (ZX Spectrum)

Missile defense (ZX Spectrum)

Manic Miner (Sam Coupe)

Manic Miner (ZX Spectrum)

Tetris (Sam Coupe)

Chuckie Egg (ZX Spectrum)