IGNORED

Astrocade for the Raspberry Pi?

Draugr

Over at http://intellivision.us/raspberry/raspberry.phpthere is a set of files for RetroPie that includes AdvMame/Mess that will run the Astrocade emulator. It is also possible to use Bally controllers with RetroPie if one has the Astrodaptor USB adaptor.

It does take a little bit to get it up and running; you have to be fairly comfortable working from the command line in linux and understand (reasonably well) how RetroPie is setup and runs things.

Over at http://intellivision.us/raspberry/raspberry.phpthere is a set of files for RetroPie that includes AdvMame/Mess that will run the Astrocade emulator. It is also possible to use Bally controllers with RetroPie if one has the Astrodaptor USB adaptor.

Thanks for that link! I never knew about this setup or the Ultimate PC Interface. Now I have a Raspberry Pi on my wishlist!

Just in case you're not aware of this, the Astrocade emulation in MAME supports cartridges, but it has no tape input/output support for either 300 or 2000 BAUD tapes. For most people, this should be fine-- as all of the best games were released on cartridge and very few people have used any of the many hundreds of Astrocade programs available to type-in or load from a tape.

Thanks for that link! I never knew about this setup or the Ultimate PC Interface. Now I have a Raspberry Pi on my wishlist!

Just in case you're not aware of this, the Astrocade emulation in MAME supports cartridges, but it has no tape input/output support for either 300 or 2000 BAUD tapes. For most people, this should be fine-- as all of the best games were released on cartridge and very few people have used any of the many hundreds of Astrocade programs available to type-in or load from a tape.

IntvDave here is the real one to thank; he made the files available. One can also run Fairchild Channel F on a Raspberry Pi as well. For me, these were the last two systems I really wanted to get up and running within RetroPie so that I could move my systems out of the living room (making wife happy).

• 1 month later...