IGNORED

REQ: Someone to mod a cable

avanze

I have a Playstation S-video cable I just purchased from Ebay and I would like someone to mod the cable for me. The Playstation end would be cut and modded into two female RCA audio connectors and a female S-video connector. This would effectively make the cable a two way S-video switch terminal. If possible perhaps the other end of the cable could be shortened.

If anyone if willing to do this, and indeed if it is actually possible, I will gladly pay the cost of postage and extra for time and effort.

I use S-video to connect my Atari XE to the Framemeister and I would like a spare S-video connection for other machines.

post-35175-0-11779100-1456269990_thumb.jpg

Edited by avanze

No takers, is this not possible?

It is, but the price of doing this mod would probably be more than getting a proper video switch box. By the time you ship it to me, ship it back, buy parts, pay shipping on said parts, and add up labor, you're looking at $25 minimum. Just get one of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Way-AV-Switcher-With-S-Video/3312963 unless you have some specific reason you need to use the playstation cable.