IGNORED

Android emulation woes

24Fanatic365

I received a JXD s7800b smart gaming tablet yesterday and have been trying all morning to get games to play on it. I downloaded a full rom set of NES games here on another site. And then downloaded the gamesome app to use as a front end, successfully imported my ROMs to it, and then downloaded the NES.emu app for my emulator and set it as the default emulator for NES games.

When I try to launch a game, it goes to a menu in NES.emu, but won't launch the game. When I click "load game" inside the emulator, it pulls up a dos-looking interface. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded retro arch, downloaded all the emulators and updates and everything. Actually found my ROMs within the app, and it seems the list isn't incomplete. For whatever reason, it looks like Gamesome randomly relegates some ROMs to the ether to never be heard from again! Lol!

So I could select a game to play, but every time I clicked on any games, the app would crash. Every. Single. Time...

Then I downloaded individual emulators from the play store, and now I can't find my ROMs within the emulators when I try to select a game... Just call me Emulation Clueless in Charlotte! As you can see, I'm completely new to the emulation game, and can't find specific enough info on the web to hold my hand through the process of getting this thing up and running. Any ideas? TIA...

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Mmm.. yeh.. I might recommend going PC based or R-Pi as a first step in emulation.

R-Pi because of cost and availability.

PC because of versatility.

Both win on the technical support side because any forum can help.

Sooner or later someone will come by here and post the answer you want to hear.

Assuming you have compatible ROMs in a readable format (.zip individual files in a folder, or unzipped ... but not as one big zip or rar archive with many files inside), It sounds like your emulator can't find the ROM files. Do you know the folder path for them? Unix directories are sometimes confusing to Windows or Mac people. If they're on the SD card, sometimes they're in a /media folder, sometimes they're in an /sdcard folder. You can generally use the D-pad to go in and out of directories to find your stuff.

Thanks, guys! Figured out I had to unzip each file, since it was a full rom set. I've since discovered the link to Everdrive sets on another forum, and they've been working great! Played a TON of Little Samson for NES today. That game is really polished, fun, and punishing after the first stage. A real gem for the console!

Edited by 24Fanatic365
  • Like 1

Maybe you can tell me how well the physical controls work with various emulators? There are some fairly decent emulators for Android, but I find trying to use a touchscreen with games meant for a physical controller to be very off-putting.