IGNORED

An Avalanche...

Opry99er

Tonight the boy and I blitzed the Intellivision collection. We played Copter Command, Frog Bog, Shark! Shark!, Frogger, Burgertime, Bowling, Super Pro Football, and Bump-N-Jump...

I took a few pix of our evening.

20160226_210154_zpskesmolob.jpg

20160226_210317_zpsv1jhr88i.jpg

20160226_211435_zpsc8vvmc3s.jpg

20160226_212420_zpsjjtxibbr.jpg

It was great to play them tonight on my off day. His favorite was Shark!Shark!, mine was Copter Command, tied with Burgertime.

Anyway, we had a blast, and will be doing this once a week for the foreseeable future.

• Like 13

Tonight the boy and I blitzed the Intellivision collection. We played Copter Command, Frog Bog, Shark! Shark!, Frogger, Burgertime, Bowling, Super Pro Football, and Bump-N-Jump...

I took a few pix of our evening.

It was great to play them tonight on my off day. His favorite was Shark!Shark!, mine was Copter Command, tied with Burgertime.

Anyway, we had a blast, and will be doing this once a week for the foreseeable future.

Snafu is a fun game to play with the kids too.

For what? Assuming that minors can't make accounts on here?

It still seems like a very inappropriate comment for this thread.

Anyway, Oppry99er, it's great that you got to share your Intellivision passion with your son. :) Some of my fondest childhood memories are when I played Intellivision with my Father. Our favourite games to play together were Utopia, Dracula, and B-17 Bomber.

My Father, a history buff, loved B-17 Bomber and took great pride in picking specific locations to bomb, re-enacting various historical WWII battles. He would then share historical facts about the war and Europe, and about the technology at play. In spite of the game's topic, he admired Germans and their culture (having lived there for a while). I learned a lot about Messerschmitts and Fokkers, and what Flak meant and how anti-air guns worked.

As a matter of fact, I bought him an Intellivision Flashback for Christmas when they came out, and when he called me to thank me, he said, "I see that it has B-17 Bomber! I already ordered the plasticky things from the company, where can I get a copy of the instructions?" I could see him smiling on the other end. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

IMO, Frog Bog is nice if you play it in two, but in any case there is no accounting for tastes

My two go-to two-player quick mini-games are Frog Bog and Tennis. I think they are lots of fun to play with a friend (or son, if you have it). :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I think both Frog Bog and Atlantis were released the same year

EDIT: @Ignorama

obviously I was referring to the games with day/night changes. I've checked: Frog Bog, Atlantis and even Dracula were programmed on 1982 but it seems that Dracula was released later

Edited by intellivotion

I think both Frog Bog and Atlantis were released the same year

EDIT: @Ignorama

obviously I was referring to the games with day/night changes. I've checked: Frog Bog, Atlantis and even Dracula were programmed on 1982 but it seems that Dracula was released later

Frog Bog is from the original Mattel line-up; Atlantis and Dracula are from Imagic, which came out afterwards, so yes they are older.

-dZ.

We've delved into Snafu... Game Option 3...

The boy is hooked, and I have to say, so am I. :)

Two player Snafu is pretty awesome, this morning we played a best of 55 rounds match. I won, but he started gaining on me there towards the end. We will be playing again in the AM. Great suggestion on the game, guys!!!

• Like 1

Yea, Shark! Shark! is definitely up there for Buck. He really likes trying to nip the shark's tail. :)

Snafu may well be the new game of choice for our sessions. Tomorrow morning we will likely play some Snafu and some Christmas Carol... Christmas Carol never gets old. :D

We played Snafu -- 70 rounds one morning this past week of Game variation #1. 4 players (two CPU controlled) gets pretty hairy!!! Had a blast as usual. The game variations are unique enough to give us basically a 'new' game to play each time we sit down. Very enjoyable, and a good waste of an hour. :)

Edited by Opry99er

Snafu is pretty kid friendly. It's relatively easy and decently customizable. Great for one player or two.This would be a fun candidate for real-time online 4-player gameplay...if that's anywhere in the near future. Or scale up to bigger map and 16 players :o

. I have loved Snafu since I was young. I never thought about a bigger play screen. That would be sweet, although that might be hard to do with two players, or four. Dare to dream. I still think an app that allows for online four way Snafu would be a winner.