IGNORED

Pac-Man 2600 Hack for sale - Original Label

Wickeycolumbus

Hey guys,

After playing Pac-Man for the 2600 HSC I thought it would be cool to make some simple improvements to the game's color scheme to make it look more like the arcade version. Of course there are many hacks and homebrews aimed at creating a more authentic Pac-Man experience on the 2600... the twist here is that these use the original label and make it look indistinguishable from the original release.

Thought there may be some people on here interested, I have 3 available at the moment. If there is a larger demand, I will raid the local video game store for Pac-Man carts and make more :D

Price is $15 + $3 shipping to the USA.

post-12776-0-12895700-1456608555_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-71933300-1456608588_thumb.jpg

Currently available:

9 x Atari

3 x Sears

post-12776-0-37877800-1456608620_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-70706700-1456608642_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

I think it is a terrible idea, one of these is going to show up on ebay as an alternate super rare version, because it can not be identified as a hack/repro.

$0.02

I just now got it - my second time viewing the thread - apparently I'm a bit slow today.

I think it is a terrible idea, one of these is going to show up on ebay as an alternate super rare version, because it can not be identified as a hack/repro.

$0.02

YES! Nobody should ever make a reproduction so good that it appears to be an original.

Or should they? :spidey:

And I'll take one please.

$0.02

I suppose that could happen, and I did consider that as a negative effect. But in the past when strange things like that are discovered, everyone is very cautious. I don't think people would believe it's authentic.

I'm not sure what the best way to differentiate it is... I sort of like it the way it is now though.

Edit: Maybe I could change the Atari copyright message if I make more of them.... but a scammer could always just not show that.

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

I don't think it matters. Anyone can take this game and put it in a pac-man shell. Creating the hack is the hard part. I like having the Atari font on there. Eventually, I want to make Atari labels for the homebrews in my collection.

I think I will make an Atari style sticker for this and call it "Hac-Man" :)

Edited by hizzy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...