IGNORED

whatch out Bootlegs!

coleco_master

• 1 month later...

Yeah I can't stand eBay. Haven't bought anything off there in maybe 5 years. Last thing I remember buying was Eminem's first solo studio album, Infinite. Def isn't a bootleg. I wanna get it autographed, but don't know how really. He only lives about 45 mins from me, but I don't see showing up at his gated community going over well.

Anyways, eBay turned into something that it wasn't (lame) at some point after maybe 2007 or so. Idk exactly, but it used to be mad cool. I remember finding stuff like NOS Skyway bike frames, NOS lowcut Patrick Ewing Adidas, all sorts of ill stuff. Amazon Marketplace is a better option if possible, for me. Amazon is rated the #1 company in (something like) consumer satisfaction. They will painlessly (unlike eBay) take care of your dissatisfaction, even if it's a 3rd party seller (who hassles and refuses to refund or replace, or whatever). A-Z guarantee yo.

Side note: if you shop at Amazon, and would like a portion of your purchase to go to a charity of your choice, simply use this address: https://smile.amazon.com/and then select your charity. They have their own set of default charities to choose from, but you can enter in the name of whatever organization you like (such as the MadZiontist Foundation) and I think it's maybe 5% of your total purchase goes to that charity. I just bookmarked it, to make sure I'm always using it.

Oh and I will try to make time to report that scuzzball. Paying a lot of money for a bootleg is just not the bees knees, like the Computer Space/PONG box set from Kiwi, and the fellaz at CollectorVision. Idk if Kiwi is an employee, or not. But I do know that he's not just a great programmer, but a creative, "outside the box" thinker, and nailed those sims/ports in a major way like Barney loves Fruity Pebbles..

• Like 1

This guy really has a pair. He is outright advertising on Ebay that he sells unauthorised reproductions from Team Pixelboy, CollectorVision and Opcode Games. He even has a "want ad" in the comments for a Rally X SGM game.

This guy really has pair. He is outright advertising on Ebay that he sells unauthorised reproductions from Team Pixelboy, CollectorVision and Opcode Games. He even has a "want ad" in the comments for a Rally X SGM game.

Best thing to do is report the auctions. Follow the instructions I posted above. It sucks that eBay doesn't seem to be doing anything about this.

Everything he sells is bootlegs. His shitbox is still a bootleg of the SGM

Yes you're absolutely right, but not something you can report because eBay doesn't see it that way. You can try if you wish to do so but don't expect anything.

yes you have to report item and choose correct 3 choices related to copy. However many of us have been reporting him and ebay does not care to protect its customers. It would probably take 1000s of complaints to trigger something in their system.

I'm sure it doesn't help the cause when he can just point to this thread and say "Here, see? There's a whole forum thread instructing people to report me." Ebay, who has to deal with trolls by the thousands, is just going to take it at face value, not do any research.

Not saying EBay cares in the first place, but this sort of public encouragement builds his case, not ours.

I wonder if Collectorvision Games contacted eBay directly would help. I find that automated complaint systems never work. I've tried getting facebook pages shut down that are using photos of sick and diseased children in "like farming" scams, and they never do anything.

I wonder if Collectorvision Games contacted eBay directly would help. I find that automated complaint systems never work. I've tried getting facebook pages shut down that are using photos of sick and diseased children in "like farming" scams, and they never do anything.

We're reporting to ebay

But ebay doesn't seems to care enough to stop those auctions

• Like 1

We're reporting to ebay

But ebay doesn't seems to care enough to stop those auctions

I think that these automated systems look to see if you're with a media conglomerate first. Then you'll have your stuff taken down. Otherwise, it's like the suggestion box with a paper shredder attached.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused. Is he making bootlegs and selling or selling his copies of SGM games he bought?

I.e., did he buy a legit copy and then sell it?

Someone passed roms of SGM and other CV games to him and he is producing and selling illegal bootlegs of the games from those roms.

Ah. Yeah...that's not cool.

Absolutely it's not cool!

That's a little scary because unless you frequent this forum, you may not know the good from the bad.

Well one look at the crappy labels he prints should raise red flags to potential buyers immediately. I have yet to see any homebrew publisher from the CV scene to release any game with labels remotely as bad as his.

Edited by Ikrananka