IGNORED

I beat "Ninja Gaiden" sword-only with no deaths

mbd30

Just the sword, no extra health, no other weapons, no extra lives, no stopping the clock and without dying.

I took a picture of me at the final boss with all three lives before beating the game. I think this is about the most that can be accomplished with this game besides beating it pacifist or setting some speed-running record.

BclEEtF.jpg

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 5

It's definitely a good challenge doing it sword-only. I did this for fun a few weeks back while streaming and found myself having to tackle certain sections completely differently than I normally would.

Hey man, I've been trying to come up with a good way to record footage of a toploader NES. I tried using my crappy tablet camera to record me playing "Ninja Gaiden" sword-only on the living room flatscreen. The quality was terrible to begin with, and Youtube compression made it even worse. I think that I also accidentally raised the brightness on the recording making it too bright. Plus it wasn't my best game because I died three times, and I was sucking at the wall-climbing for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRZhKHuNUSY

I guess even using a better camera would be an improvement.

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 1

Haha, nice. Now it's time to learn how to do it without stopping. :)

As far as recording, a big thing that would help is having a tripod for your tablet. They exist for cell phones and are cheap, I'd wager they are available for tablets too. Just raising the cam and making it even with the TV would help a lot. You'd be able to bring it in closer too.

There are USB capture cards that take a coax connection for the RF signal. They are cheap. Quality's not good, but neither is RF in general.

Haha, nice. Now it's time to learn how to do it without stopping. :)

As far as recording, a big thing that would help is having a tripod for your tablet. They exist for cell phones and are cheap, I'd wager they are available for tablets too. Just raising the cam and making it even with the TV would help a lot. You'd be able to bring it in closer too.

There are USB capture cards that take a coax connection for the RF signal. They are cheap. Quality's not good, but neither is RF in general.

Thanks. I didn't know that tripods exist for tablets. I was actually leaning it on books on the coffee table trying to position it to record the TV. I guess ideally I should use some sort of capture device, but a tripod might work. I looked it up and already found one for tablets on Amazon.

I wasn't even playing my best (but I like that I didn't get hit at all in act 3 except for the boss fight) and I still managed to beat it in 22 minutes with just the sword. I wish I could have gotten my no-death run on Youtube.

Edited by mbd30

I wasn't even playing my best (but I like that I didn't get hit at all in act 3 except for the boss fight) and I still managed to beat it in 22 minutes with just the sword. I wish I could have gotten my no-death run on Youtube.

You'll get it man. And once you learn a couple of tricks, you should be able to take that time down below 15 minutes.

Thanks. I didn't know that tripods exist for tablets. I was actually leaning it on books on the coffee table trying to position it to record the TV. I guess ideally I should use some sort of capture device, but a tripod might work. I looked it up and already found one for tablets on Amazon.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about getting a capture card unless you think you are going to start doing YouTube videos frequently. A tripod to get a nice, even picture should be good enough for once-in-a-while recording sessions.

• Like 2