IGNORED

Wanted: Your Help in Building Student Game Library

Zwackery

Dear Fellow AAers,

Some of you know that I am a university professor teaching in a Game & Interactive Media Design program. I am proud to keep video game history alive for the students in the program so they can better understand fundamental design principles as well as have a sense of what has come before and where they may go in the future.

To help with that endeavor, I have started to collect video games from across all platforms and eras, hardware and software, and even merchandise, too, for student use and reference in our game lab.

My intention is not to compete with The Strong Museum, although they are certainly an inspiration.

Thus far we have a little bit of everything: a couple of Atari 2600s and a small collection of carts, NES and SNES games, PS2 games, an original Xbox and games, a DS Lite, a few arcade coin-ops (BurgerTime and Ms. Pac-Man), one of those Midway multicabs, and even a claw machine. A few weeks ago a Virtual Boy just sort of showed up. We also have a good selection of board games. I am in the process of cleaning up one of my spare Colecovisions and I grabbed a RetroN 5 to play those NES & SNES carts, although my preference is for authentic hardware whenever possible. We also have the last two generations of consoles.

What I am asking is for you to please consider donating anything that you might have but don't want that is related to gaming in any way. As the university is a 501©(3) organization, I can issue tax credit for anything you might like to donate. (Within reason - no eBay "$500 Pac-Man" carts.) I wish I had a budget for acquisitions, but at this time I am starting small.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this. Please PM me if you would like additional information or to make a donation.

Edited by Zwackery

Dear Fellow AAers,

Some of you know that I am a university professor teaching in a Game & Interactive Media Design program. I am proud to keep video game history alive for the students in the program so they can better understand fundamental design principles as well as have a sense of what has come before and where they may go in the future.

To help with that endeavor, I have started to collect video games from across all platforms and eras, hardware and software, and even merchandise, too, for student use and reference in our game lab.

My intention is not to compete with The Strong Museum, although they are certainly an inspiration.

Thus far we have a little bit of everything: a couple of Atari 2600s and a small collection of carts, NES and SNES games, PS2 games, an original Xbox and games, a DS Lite, a few arcade coin-ops (BurgerTime and Ms. Pac-Man), one of those Midway multicabs, and even a claw machine. A few weeks ago a Virtual Boy just sort of showed up. We also have a good selection of board games. I am in the process of cleaning up one of my spare Colecovisions and I grabbed a RetroN 5 to play those NES & SNES carts, although my preference is for authentic hardware whenever possible. We also have the last two generations of consoles.

What I am asking is for you to please consider donating anything that you might have but don't want that is related to gaming in any way. As the university is a 501©(3) organization, I can issue tax credit for anything you might like to donate. (Within reason - no eBay "$500 Pac-Man" carts.) I wish I had a budget for acquisitions, but at this time I am starting small.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this. Please PM me if you would like additional information or to make a donation.

Given that I am in California and you appear to be in North Carolina (thank you for Madison Bumgarner, by the way) could shipping costs possibly be covered?

Given that I am in California and you appear to be in North Carolina (thank you for Madison Bumgarner, by the way) could shipping costs possibly be covered?

Possibly. It would likely depend on what is being shipped and how much the shipping cost is.

• 2 years later...