IGNORED

So those are rare huh?

BladeJunker

I am a INTV novice so when I saw these items I had no idea how rare they were. Well out of my wheel house but I thought I should mention them if you're looking for them.

On my search for my 7800 I found one at Press Start in New Westminster in B.C. Canada but I also saw an Intellivision Keyboard Component. The guy working there told me it didn't work but if he could get it running it could fetch $10,000. If I had known just how rare I probably would have looked at it more and brought a camera but so many things to see lol, like a Hit Bit MSX.

That store didn't have any 7800 carts but I did stop at Mostly Music in Port Coquitlam and found 3. My brother in law was giving me a ride and I tried to entertain him a little showing him the boxed Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain there but behind those was a Big Box Aquarius. It was huge and only He-man set boxes came close to its sheer hugeness. ^_^

Anyway I thought I should mention it here just in case you're looking for one and you have the means. That was about a month ago but I can't see many people coming in often that could afford them so they are likely still there. :)

Could be? Non-working stuff can get passed around till it gets to someone that can fix it. Canada is a big place but the Keyboard Component is a small world as I understand with so few units made. I couldn't see the Facebook page, I'm not signed up for that, sometimes I can see FB pages other times it asks me to log in , idk why?

And if it's not working, no idea what is wrong and some spare parts are about as hard to find as buck-toothed hen. It's not like you could grab a cheap non-working keyboard component off eBay for spare part.

Unless he can show it working 100% and is 100% factory complete right down to original wrapper and original price tag (was there ever price tag since they never made it to store shelves?) or original packing slip from Mattel Electronics for shipment.

I do not know of any Keyboard Component that has sold for over $4K... in any condition or any amount of packaging.

Maybe the guy paid market value and is just trying to mark it up for profit.

A few years ago I'm pretty sure Alex paid over that for a CIB unit IIRC

I do not know of any Keyboard Component that has sold for over $4K... in any condition or any amount of packaging.

Maybe the guy paid market value and is just trying to mark it up for profit.

I think he probably just saw one selling for that price somewhere probably in the box mint but everybody remembers the big number lol. That's why he was going to try getting it running, if it worked it fetches more than a paperweight does.

It has some good features here and there but I heard that price and backed away. :o When listening to the Intellivisionaries I heard someone say they had only seen one at conventions so I underestimated how privileged I was to see it ever, there are a lot of add-ons for other systems but I didn't realize how few there were at 4000 and the troubles with the Federal Trade Commission where they were forced to produce them.