IGNORED

BitWriter Replica 1050 - Order phase has started

tf_hh

I could be wrong but I thought there was bit writer software that took the straight bit image of the disk and the bit writers status of unique event bits and recorded it to make a perfect copy including protection... I though the only protection it didn't reliably copy was purposely/physically damaged disks... and only when trying to reconstitute it from an image from elsewhere without the actual disk... The bit writer possibly held some data only on an internal basis and did not send that data to the Atari itself... a collaboration between someone who can pick apart the firmware and a coder versed in such things would be required to pull that information (if possible) and store it. The question is can then be if the bit writers firmware accepts that information from sio side and use it to re constitute that disk... You would think it should.... but in the past I remembered that interrupting power of the drive or accessing an incorrect disk when at the swapping point caused the copy to fail.... as if something was held in the bit writer drive and not held in the computers memory.... just supposition... based on observation... and my own failing memory.

The bit writer to this date has been the best archiving/duplication and creation tool the Atari has ever had on real Atari hardware... if you are a serious Atari archivists, hobbyist or even a collector you simply MUST have this modification for your Atari drive!

You can not afford to miss this opportunity! Make sure to buy one now!

Agree with that!

Be advised pay pal is having issues from Monday March 14 2016 thru Tuesday March 15 2016.. your activity may not update showing a payment you have made as being made... If you send it again and again it will send the money repeatedly and will not show in you activity until tomorrow.... I suggest letting him know you paid and make sure he tells you he got it before re-sending....

I am on the phone with pay pal technical support at this minute... I am 45 minutes into the call.... they see the problem and are working on it...

Just my luck :) I have paid 2x and didn't know it.... might be easier to have Jurgen fix it. pay pal has outsourced to india....

laugh with me 1 hour 15 minutes later... on hold....

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hello Doc

My brother worked for a company that offered IT services ("Hello, this or that does't work on my computer") to big businesses. They outsourced to India too. Biggest problem: The people in India speak English with a heavy accent and don't seem to understand any other accent. "OK, put the problem in writing so that we can read what you're trying to tell us". But then you have to spell the email address, as they didn't understand that either. They didn't understand the spelling...

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi all,

thanks very much for all orders. I´ve closed the order list now. Nearly all payments are received. If the two people, which haven´t sent money until now, didn´t do that until sunday, I release the reserved pieces for other interests, if their are any.

In the next 2 days more info to the buyers will sent by email. Please hold on...

BR, Jurgen

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity: Two Bit-Writer equipped 1050's can't exchange data in some "Bit-Writer-Only" mode, I guess?

With the software provided by Bob Puff there´s no real difference, even copying is much easier. The Bitwriter software reads 8 tracks into memory and then write it back to destination disk(s). So if you have one drive equipped with the Bitwriter, you´ve to flip the source and destination disks five times. When using two drives with Bitwriter, you can copy from one to the other without flipping the disks, but also 8 tracks at once are taken.

Jurgen

Forgive my ignorance, but is there an unprotected copy of the Super Archiver software? I know the copy I have is heavily protected and the software doesn't copy itself.

Yes, but there are some versions in the wild. Wait for my email... ;)

Hi Jürgen,

Please let us know here, when you sent all the e-mails... I did not receive one yet, so I want to be sure I will not miss the boat (already paid).

Thanks!

Marius

Approx. 5 minutes ago I´ve sent the status info email no. 1 to all BitWriter Replica purchasers :)

BR, Jurgen

• Like 2

This might have been answered, but cut the megaspeedy use the bit writer /super archiver software to perform the same function? And/or can the MegaSpeedy be the src/target to a device with a bit writer in it?

Any more of these boards available? :)

Sorry, this is not possible. The MegaSpeedy can emulate the SuperArchiver, but not the BitWriter. I talk to this two years ago with Hias, but the used CPLD on the MegaSpeedy board is full. Second, the BitWriter needs exact timing.

When I made the first prototype after re-engineering, I use some GALs to replace the bunch of TTL chips. But it doesn´t work correct. The written copies aren´t exact, the copy protection detection of some tested games fails. So I decide to use the classic TTL chips as used in the original board.

Jurgen

P.S.: Yes, there are a few boards left :)

• Like 4

the disk is physically damage and then the software is rearranged around it with the relevant sector information embedded in the software... this was done for each and every copy... so no two disks were exactly the same and the relevant code was different for each disk

• Like 1

the disk is physically damage and then the software is rearranged around it with the relevant sector information embedded in the software... this was done for each and every copy... so no two disks were exactly the same and the relevant code was different for each disk

That's some hard-core paranoia.

• Like 2

Hi,

yesterday I finished assembling all BitWriter Replica 1050 PCBs.

All parcels for those who ordered the BitWriter Replica w/o additional Sys-Check V2.2 are ready:

post-15670-0-53045700-1459153982_thumb.jpg

Because today (monday) is a public holiday in germany, parcels will drop off tomorrow morning. All purchasers then get their personal email with tracking code and -instructions.

Now I start assembling the Sys-Checks...

Best regards, Jurgen

• Like 6

Hi all,

the job is done... All BitWriter Replica orders are assembled, finished, tested and packed. Also all additional Sys-Check orders are built, tested and packed. Some orders are already shipped out on wednesday this week, the rest will be shipped out on monday (2016/4/4).

Each purchaser get a personal email with tracking code.

Thanks for all for making this project possible. Special thanks to Michael Alers and Guus Assmann for help und support.

Best regards, Jurgen

• Like 5

Hi all,

I forget one thing :( ...

The flasher tool in the Sys-Check V2.2 package (for those who ordered the BitWriter Replica with a Sys-Check V2.2) isn´t adapted for the Sys-Check V2.2 dip-switches. It works physically, but the explanation is wrong. I will program asap a new version with takes care of the newer settings (but will also work with Sys-Check V2.1).

BR, Jurgen

• Like 1