IGNORED

Nice and Games Bally Arcade reviews on YT

glazball

I don't YouTube as much as some people do, but a while back I found Nice and Games channel, one of the few guys or gals reviewing Bally Arcade/Astrocade games. I absolutely love his style and calm demeanor. Even his voice is somehow soothing to me. I like that he truly loves the system and it's games, has a silly sense of humor and takes the time to show lots of gameplay footage.

I was just wondering if anyone happened to know much about him, or if he is perhaps a member here? Last time I checked his channel, he hadn't posted any new videos (Astrocade or otherwise) in a long time. I really hope he continues reviewing games because YouTube needs more people like him, and less talking heads that just want to show their face in front of their shelves of games.

Edit: Checking some old threads I see Nice and Games is AA user Abominable Toaster! If you read this - we need more Bally reviews so please keep them coming!

Edited by glazball

I found Nice and Games channel, one of the few guys or gals reviewing Bally Arcade/Astrocade games. I absolutely love his style and calm demeanor. Even his voice is somehow soothing to me. I like that he truly loves the system and it's games, has a silly sense of humor and takes the time to show lots of gameplay footage.

"Nice and Games" certainly makes some of my favorite video reviews for the Astrocade (or any system, actually). He even used his sense of humor to point out details that I hadn't noticed before. For instance, he notices that the art for the game "Brickyard/Clowns" cartridge is taken literally-- and that's pretty goofy. I love the way he ends the "Brickyard/Clowns" video!

post-4925-0-72192600-1457197906_thumb.jpg

"Nice and Games" does some great reviews of Atari games too. He was also a great help when the two homebrew games for the Astrocade were being made: "War" and "Crazy Climber." He was a great beta-tester. Without him, it's quite possible that "Crazy Climber" may have shipped with a bug that got the poor climber stuck on the side of the screen. Also, the first release of "War" had a bug in the computer's AI that "Nice and Games" found a very clever work-around for that allowed the computer to play as it was supposed to play.

I'd love to see more Astrocade videos from "Nice and Games." I've even asked him to make one for "Dogpatch," one of my favorite games, but he said that he has trouble finding a second player for this two-person-only game.

Adam

I've never appreciated Brickyard Clowns b/c the Atari versions are so better polished .. but interesting that the programmer saved a few bytes by reusing the "balloon pop" sound for brickyard.

If I remember correctly, Bally made the arcade version of Clowns ..

The review is nice ...