IGNORED

CvW: The Official 2015 Winners!

DZ-Jay

I know I am about two months overdue, but I have been consumed by many changes in my personal life and work that have taken much of my attention. To all that participated in the contest, I beg your considered understanding; please accept my most sincerest apologies for the lack of communication. Honestly, I never intended for it to take this long to catch up.

In any case, without further delay, I present to you... in all their resplendent glory...

The Official Winners

Of The 2015

Carol vs. The World! Championship

Christmas Championship Extravaganza

Grand Prize:

Top Ranking Elf: grips03 - 16,955

It seems like grips03 cemented his position early in the game, and even though pimpmaul69 put up a heroic effort in his last sprint towards finish line, it was not enough to take the crown from Grand Master grips03.

Even though grips03 masterful score did not break the World Record this year, it is impressive in its own right, and a testament to his skills and endurance. Moreover, grips03 remains one of the very few who have managed to pass 9,999 points to roll over the score display to yellow -- no small feat on a game that awards you three to five points per item in a level.

Top Rank Prize (Rookies):

Top Ranger Elf: SiLicone toaD85 - 4,244

Top Helper Elf: stupus - 2,589

Top Novice Elf: Nour K. - 1,101

Top Elite Knight Prize (Veterans):

Master Elite Knight Elf: pimpmaul69 - 14,062

Runners Up (Rookies):

Top Elite Ranger Elves:

• Opry99er - 3,828

Top Elite Helper Elves:

• BurritoBeans - 2,171
  • Iwantgames:) - 2,073
  • Saturn - 1,223

Top Elite Novice Elves:

• Shmeg - 1,074
  • Illtiger1 - 1,059
  • Gorfy - 1,048
  • save2600 - 1,007
  • Apollo's Bow - 861
  • gamer1867 - 853
  • atariron82 - 714
  • Murrex Ferreus - 693
  • intellivotion - 647
  • BuckoBrand - 447

Special Mention:

Special honorary mention goes to Darrin9999 for his valiant effort in competing for the second place. Who would have known that pimpmaul69 was so desperate for the win that he applied his entire obsessive acumen of compulsions to beating the game?

Nonetheless, Darrin9999 is only one of two players who played and submitted a score every day of the month, and earned the Twenty-Four Days Of Christmas Carol and the Elf Of The Month achievements. (The other player was, of course, pimpmaul69.)

Achievements:

Along with the prizes, we've also awarded some extra-special virtual achievements to recognize some outstanding accomplishments this season. These are also posted in the official leaderboard for all the world to see.

Overachiever Extraordinaire:

The participant who earned the most achievements by far.

pimpmaul69 (40 achievements)

High Elf-Esteem:

The participant with the most marked score improvement throughout the championship.

grips03 (From 172 to 16,955 points)

Workaholic Elf:

The participant who played for the most consecutive days.

pimpmaul69 (31 consecutive days! The entire month of December!!!)

Prolific Elf:

The participant who submitted the most individual entries.

pimpmaul69 (129 entries wowie!)

Higher Elf-Esteem:

The participant with the highest average score from his first entry to his last.

grips03 (From 172 to 16,955 points in only 27 days)

Head Of The Class:

The participant who advanced through the most ranks throughout the championship.

grips03 (5 ranks)

Busy Bee:

The participant who played for the most days throughout the championship.

pimpmaul69 (31 days!)

Rookie Of The Year:

The first time participant with the highest average Novice Elf score.

Dante Is Awesome (From 118 to 447 points in only 2 days)

Rookie Overachiever:

The first time participant who earned the most achievements as a Novice Elf.

Illtiger1 (7 achievements)

On behalf of myself, the judges, and the AtariAge leadership, I would like to thank everyone who participated in the competition. It warms my heart seeing everybody enjoying themselves through Christmas Time and the fact that my game can bring so much fun and joy to so many, is the best Christmas present anyone could ever get.

Thank you not only for playing the Christmas Carol game, but also for sharing your progress and for maintaining the spirit of community and camaraderie that we all cherish. It is this spirit that turns a simple high-score contest into a magical experience year after year!

I hope to see you all next year!

Merry (belated) Christmas & Happy New Current Year!

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 9

Were there no Elite Ranger or Helper winners?

Due to the new rules, there were no qualified winners at those levels this year. I expect to adjust the rules next year to address this. I really think it's appropriate to rank the veterans separately from the rookies, but the specific divisions I applied this year were perhaps flawed.

That said, I plan on offering some token prizes to some contestants for their achievements, so I will be contacting them soon for that.

-dZ.

Due to the new rules, there were no qualified winners at those levels this year. I expect to adjust the rules next year to address this. I really think it's appropriate to rank the veterans separately from the rookies, but the specific divisions I applied this year were perhaps flawed.

That said, I plan on offering some token prizes to some contestants for their achievements, so I will be contacting them soon for that.

-dZ.

Yeah, the rules kinda confused me this year. Out of curiosity, what would have qualified someone for those levels?

Yeah, the rules kinda confused me this year. Out of curiosity, what would have qualified someone for those levels?

Sorry about the confusion, it was certainly not my intention. I really wanted to make it more fair to the new comers, whom would be intimidated by veteran players and their super scores; and I wanted to encourage veterans to continue progressing and reach higher levels than in the past. For the most part, it succeeded, since we had a fair turnout and everybody seem to have fun.

The unawarded prizes were:

• Top Ranking Prize - Master: This is a "rookie" rank, so only non-veterans that reach the rank of Master qualify.
  • Top Elite Knight Prize - Ranger, Helper: To qualify, the contestant must be a veteran, must not have won this prize in the past, and must have a higher prize this year than in previous ones.

The second set is what limited the qualifications of veterans.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Sorry about the confusion, it was certainly not my intention. I really wanted to make it more fair to the new comers, whom would be intimidated by veteran players and their super scores; and I wanted to encourage veterans to continue progressing and reach higher levels than in the past. For the most part, it succeeded, since we had a fair turnout and everybody seem to have fun.

The unawarded prizes were:

• Top Ranking Prize - Master: This is a "rookie" rank, so only non-veterans that reach the rank of Master qualify.
  • Top Elite Knight Prize - Ranger, Helper: To qualify, the contestant must be a veteran, must not have won this prize in the past, and must have a higher prize this year than in previous ones.

The second set is what limited the qualifications of veterans.

the thing i think should be for both veterans and rookies both is the top ranking prizes. The ones that gave the gift certificates and stuff. In the higher ranks you are less likely to see rookies but it equally gives everyone a fair shot at that. I think the top ranking prize that veterans can get (a mug i believe) should be a prize set for top ranking rookie only. Thats just my suggestion. Im just happy to be able to play this game.
  • Like 1

the thing i think should be for both veterans and rookies both is the top ranking prizes. The ones that gave the gift certificates and stuff. In the higher ranks you are less likely to see rookies but it equally gives everyone a fair shot at that. I think the top ranking prize that veterans can get (a mug i believe) should be a prize set for top ranking rookie only. Thats just my suggestion. Im just happy to be able to play this game.

Thanks for the feedback. If anybody else has suggestions, please let me know. I do this contest for the community. I pay for the prizes out of pocket (except for the AA certificates, which are sponsored by AtariAge management), and I want to make sure people enjoy the contest and feel it is a fair competition. :)

-dZ.

I just want a patch ;-) and maybe a coffee mug. I recently broke my favorite coffee mug :( It fell in slow motion and bounced off my foot before hitting the hard, unforgiving floor.

There's always next year. And maybe then you can make it to the Master Rank? ;)

Just a quick update: I've completed the mug design and just sent them to manufacture. I'll be printing the certificates next week, when I get all the names. I know we're late, but we're moving now! :)

Thank you all for your patience.

-dZ.