IGNORED

HSC13 Round 5 Poll

The Ballyalley Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. There will be a bonus game for each of these so suggestions welcome!

• Drelbs
    • Moon Shuttle
    • Protector II
    • Survivor
    • Salmon Run

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ballyalley's 5 game selection looks intriguing, so here it is! Includes 3 Games not played in the HSC before. There will almost certainly be a bonus game for each as most are "quick to play".

Add your 5 favourites to the Games List if you've not already done so!

Poll closes shortly after the current round: River Raid

Drelbs (1983) (Synapse Software)

drelbs.png

XEX Intense and atmospheric, gets tricky. charge around make the boxes jump in to them and do some weird stuff!! Read up on this one! Quality. HSC Rating: 8

Moon Shuttle (1983) (Datamost)

moon_shuttle.png

XEX

I don't know this one so perhaps it's more of a bonus game candidate but we'll see ;) HSC Rating: U

Protector II (1982) (Synapse Software)

protector_ii.png

XEX

Again I don't know the game but it's by Mike Potter who did Shadow World, looks like a horizontal shooter.

Survivor (1982) (Synapse Software)

survivor.png

XEX

Long time since I played Survivor but it's a fun 8 way scroller shooter. HSC Rating: U

Salmon Run (1982) (APX, Bill Williams)

salmon_run.png

XEX

Swim up stream to spawn, all in a day's work for the HSC guys :) HSC Rating: 7

Edited by therealbountybob

Great Lineup, chose Salmon Run as I don't know that game and we had Drelbs (which I had missed in the 80s) last HSC. Survivor is great fun, too, must try it as a crew with the kids! If Protector II is as good as the original it must be a great game, too.

What a nice surprise-- it's my list. Very cool. I guess any game I choose from this poll is one that I want to play, right? I decided that a horizontal shooter sounds good this round-- so I went with "Protector II." This was one of my first cartridges that I got when I got my system back in the early 90s. I never could play it though because it wouldn't start on my 800XL. I guess there must have been some OS B issue.

For anyone who has not played "Moon Shuttle," it's an interesting game. I played it to death on the C64 in the 80s. When I played the Atari version in the 90s, I was surprised to see that it was quite a bit different.

For a bonus game to go along with "Protector II," I'd like to suggest a type-in horizontal scrolling game... but I can't think of any at all. Any suggestions on this idea?

• Like 1

For a bonus game to go along with "Protector II," I'd like to suggest a type-in horizontal scrolling game... but I can't think of any at all. Any suggestions on this idea?

Dam trouble from Atari User (UK) VOL 3 No 11 (Issue 35 on the internet archive)

• Like 1

Dam trouble from Atari User (UK) VOL 3 No 11 (Issue 35 on the internet archive)

I just tried "Dam Trouble" under emulation. I'd never heard of this one before, so thanks for suggesting it. It sure does look like a horizontal scrolling game, doesn't it? However, in practice (unless I'm overlooking something), then you can only move your helicopter up and down-- not left or right-- while you protect your dam. So, while the game isn't a scroller, it still might be fun for a quick bonus game.