IGNORED

Odyssey Probe 2000 Pursuit of the Pink Panther

Lockepsb

yes it's a legit copy, it still has the label on it and I read a copy sold for almost $5000 on eBay about 9 1/2 years ago and that copy didn't even have the label on it.

So where are the pictures and why did you even bother to ask if it had any value when you know it does?

• Like 3

Now that is interesting. How many of these have surfaced now?

I've lost count because I think some have changed hands privately. So far I know of two with labels and at least two without. This would be a third labeled one unless it's one of the other known two. My guess is that there are at least 5 out there now.

I've lost count because I think some have changed hands privately. So far I know of two with labels and at least two without. This would be a third labeled one unless it's one of the other known two. My guess is that there are at least 5 out there now.

I am one of the two, I contacted Alpert on here 10 years ago about this game. gave him pics and everything. My ex wife's cousin gave me a bunch of old video game stuff... PlayStation 1's, SNES, and Atari games. This was mixed in with the Atari games. I have been trying to figure out what system I need to obtain to try to test it out on. It almost looks like a 2600 board but the shape of the cartridge is all wrong.

Cool! Actually you must be the guy mentioned in this post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/93621-pink-panther-2600-prototype-on-ebay/?p=1137819

It almost seems like Pink Panther is common as far as unreleased prototypes go, but of course that means it's still pretty rare. You never know what will happen if you throw it on eBay. Let us know if you are able to test it.

Cool! Actually you must be the guy mentioned in this post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/93621-pink-panther-2600-prototype-on-ebay/?p=1137819

It almost seems like Pink Panther is common as far as unreleased prototypes go, but of course that means it's still pretty rare. You never know what will happen if you throw it on eBay. Let us know if you are able to test it.

Yeah that was me. I live in the Seattle area and shortly after all this happened I had some family problems and threw the game in my storage unit. Came across it on Saturday and started digging around on information about it after that.

Yeah that was me. I live in the Seattle area and shortly after all this happened I had some family problems and threw the game in my storage unit. Came across it on Saturday and started digging around on information about it after that.

It's still worth a lot but you missed out on your chance of getting the absolute top dollar. That ship sailed when a couple other copies sold in the meantime that you have been absent. There have been some reproductions made at one point also. I'd advise trying on ebay with a starting bid of 1 cent (no reserve, reserves are dumb) and let it ride for 10 days. I'm sure you will be happy with the sale price.

It looks like a colecovision cart

They may have used a Colecovision case. I think one of the 2600 ones was found in a Colecovision case. Remember Probe 2000 hadn't released any 2600 games at this point, but they had released a Colecovision game. They probably used whatever they could find to protect the game.

Pink Panther was not your standard production run community controlled release. It was one of those special games that uses very unique architecture, such as bank switching, extra ram memory, etc.

Yes, a small handful of carts were made, most likely limited to just a small circle of the community; most who were involved with it and/or past projects.

The rom data is therefore not publicly or readily available. And. Even if it were, it's almost useless to the average person trying to build themselves a physical cart.

I think patience is the key here. Give it time. Some tech will eventually rework and modify the data so it can be used with another method.

• Like 1

Bruce - check out this. Probably the most comprehensive NAP/Pink Panther information out there on the web. As you can see, there was an Atari 2600, an Atari 8-bit, and a ColecoVision version planned. The ColecoVision prototype has more pins on the cartridge PCB. Would LOVE to have that CV version dumped, even if it is just a demo.

My biggest gripe with that whole Colecovision Pink Panther Proto debacle was with how conveniently it was swept under the rug that we were all misled & misinformed for months.

Whatever the explanation, be it the truth or not, I couldn't care less. Things happen, and I won't judge or question it. But, if he's back, and he's ready to do it again, then please just do it!