IGNORED

OPCODE GAME CLUB

GraziGamer

On 3/9/2022 at 12:10 PM, Aking said:

why all the secrecy ? opcode made games digitally to sell , i want to buy 

If you have any questions related to the Opcode Super Game Club, please send us an email at: supergameclub@opcodegames.com

Seems that the two new games available to purchase as rom images are only offered to Club members and per the Club email, only for a limited time.. which doesn't make sense to limit the purchase of these roms, but that's Opcode's decision.

• 3 months later...

Opcode seems to only like doing things on facebook. Aside from that, they don't seem to have a functioning website, and although they do send email notifications to Super Game Club members... there is no link to the digital ROM purchase. So, not sure what the deal is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to purchase the .ROMs and support Opcode, but their running of things and "secrecy" and only using Facebook is very offputting. I and many others just don't support or use Facebook. If they don't want my money, that's fine, but I would think they would set up a website, and make it easy to pay them for the .ROMs, and not limit their availability for (paying) customers. Make it as easy as possible. "Paypal $X per ROM to this e-mail address, and we'll dispatch the .ROMs digitally to you immediately" would work well!

For example, DKA looks like a wonderful, top-notch game which I'd like very much to play, even in an emulator as a .ROM. But, at this point, I'm completely confused on how I can even make the purchase, what hoops I need to go through, etc. The situation seems quite obfuscated, needlessly so.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

I'd like to purchase the .ROMs and support Opcode, but their running of things and "secrecy" and only using Facebook is very offputting. I and many others just don't support or use Facebook. If they don't want my money, that's fine, but I would think they would set up a website, and make it easy to pay them for the .ROMs, and not limit their availability for (paying) customers. Make it as easy as possible. "Paypal $X per ROM to this e-mail address, and we'll dispatch the .ROMs digitally to you immediately" would work well!

For example, DKA looks like a wonderful, top-notch game which I'd like very much to play, even in an emulator as a .ROM. But, at this point, I'm completely confused on how I can even make the purchase, what hoops I need to go through, etc. The situation seems quite obfuscated, needlessly so.

i think it’s about limiting exposure to prevent trouble with the big n. more private on fb than aa

14 hours ago, zyzzle said:

I had no problem getting the rom just as you asked it to be.  I did not use facebook.

I am part of the opcode club. maybe that is how I got the info?  Are you part of the club?  I also did not use FB to join the club.  everything via AA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

I had no problem getting the rom just as you asked it to be.  I did not use facebook.

I am part of the opcode club. maybe that is how I got the info?  Are you part of the club?  I also did not use FB to join the club.  everything via AA.

No, not member of any Opcode "club", and perhaps that's why I couldn't order the roms directly. So, based upon your experience, e-maling them directly via published address here at AA should be enough to join their "club" and thereby be permitted to order the two ROMs? 

4 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

No, not member of any Opcode "club", and perhaps that's why I couldn't order the roms directly. So, based upon your experience, e-maling them directly via published address here at AA should be enough to join their "club" and thereby be permitted to order the two ROMs? 

Hello,

Yes, please send an email to supergameclub@opcodegames.com so I can give you the link with all the info you need to become a member and buy the ROMS. =)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I had a chance to play some DKA today.  I used the phoenix via SD card.

I am wondering if anyone else had this experience?

Jumping Barrels only scores 60% of the time or so.  But seems "streaky"  That is, 10 in a row will work, then 4 or 5 will not register.

On the rivets, if you jump a fireball while it is on an existing rivet, when the rivet goes away, it traps the fireball in the "empty" rivet location.

Maybe this is correct?  I played a lot of this game in the arcade and never saw that happen.

On the phoenix it looks amazing.  I didn't see any 5th sprite or flickering. 

Oh, also if you jump near the end of girders where you can reach the barrels above, it will kill you.  I tried this one on purpose.  As you could score with the CV version.  But I think this is a bug.

I am impressed with the game.  Just wish it didn't do these 3 strange things.

I should have a chance to play some more on Sunday.  I will try it using a multicart on the phoenix instead of the SD card.

So I had a chance to play some DKA today.  I used the phoenix via SD card.

I am wondering if anyone else had this experience?

Jumping Barrels only scores 60% of the time or so.  But seems "streaky"  That is, 10 in a row will work, then 4 or 5 will not register.

That happens in the arcade. You must execute a well "centered" jump to score points. 

On the rivets, if you jump a fireball while it is on an existing rivet, when the rivet goes away, it traps the fireball in the "empty" rivet location.

Maybe this is correct?  I played a lot of this game in the arcade and never saw that happen.

Never saw that happening, but let me put this way, by the nature of the conversion, if you see something happening that isn't a glitch, then I trust we can reproduce that in the arcade as well. 

Oh, also if you jump near the end of girders where you can reach the barrels above, it will kill you.  I tried this one on purpose.  As you could score with the CV version.  But I think this is a bug.

That one I am sure is how the arcade works as well. 

So, unless you see something that looks like a graphic or sound glitch, I am 99% confident that the game is behaving exactly the same as the arcade, again, by the nature of the conversion. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, opcode said:

That happens in the arcade. You must execute a well "centered" jump to score points. 

Never saw that happening, but let me put this way, by the nature of the conversion, if you see something happening that isn't a glitch, then I trust we can reproduce that in the arcade as well. 

That one I am sure is how the arcade works as well. 

So, unless you see something that looks like a graphic or sound glitch, I am 99% confident that the game is behaving exactly the same as the arcade, again, by the nature of the conversion. 

Thanks OPCODE,  I will play the arcade game and try these things again.

You know, when you are used to something, you subconsciously work around it ( forget about it ).

I found myself doing the double UP on the joystick while playing it to fast climb the ladders.  Even though I know logically that is not going to work!

But with the CV controller in my hand, I couldn't help myself.  LOL

By the way, it looks amazing.  I will get around to dragging the Classic Colecovision out at some point, to see how it could have been in 83-84? whenever the SGM was planned to be released.

While talking SGM,  any updates on the SGM2?

On 10/28/2022 at 7:20 PM, 1980gamer said:

Thanks OPCODE,  I will play the arcade game and try these things again.

You know, when you are used to something, you subconsciously work around it ( forget about it ).

I found myself doing the double UP on the joystick while playing it to fast climb the ladders.  Even though I know logically that is not going to work!

But with the CV controller in my hand, I couldn't help myself.  LOL

By the way, it looks amazing.  I will get around to dragging the Classic Colecovision out at some point, to see how it could have been in 83-84? whenever the SGM was planned to be released.

While talking SGM,  any updates on the SGM2?

SGM2 still on hold, courtesy of chip shortage. And since you live not too far, we should organize a little gathering any day, perhaps have some coffee and talk retro gaming... :)

5 hours ago, opcode said:

SGM2 still on hold, courtesy of chip shortage. And since you live not too far, we should organize a little gathering any day, perhaps have some coffee and talk retro gaming... :)

I recently read that chip manufactures cannot get the raw materials to make the chips. Even if they had factories with workers, they still cannot make them. :(

I would certainly love to talk retro gaming sometime.  I head to Micro Center (My wife calls it Toys R Us for geeks) in Cambridge a few times a year and other metro west areas.

I don't remember your location, but I know it is east of me.  I am thinking south shore?  We are in a small State, I can get to anywhere within 2 hours from my home.

Didn't get to play any games yesterday, it was my anniversary, so I was busy.  But I am hoping to get some play time in this week.