IGNORED

Do you still have someone to play Intellivision with?

I was wondering if you still have a friend you can play Intellivision with. My bother and I still play very rarely, back in the day we would play all the time with a controller in one hand a beer in another lol our games of choice back in the day was, Baseball, Atlantis , Skiing or Commando I play some with one of my nephews mainly Commando he loves that game .

I guess the person I play the most with is my 12 year old Daughter. We just finished two great games of Utopia that sure took me back what a great game way ahead of its time . We also play Tarmin ,Cloudy Mountain , Frog Bog , Snafu ,Beauty and the Beast . I would love to teach her baseball but i don't think she would have the patience.

• Like 2

Ha. Ha ha ha.

I don't have anyone to retro-game with at ALL. I have one friend who'll play 8-bit & up, but anything pre-crash I usually have to annoy the crap out of someone to get half an hour's worth of play in. Nothing quite like the feeling of trying to run a 2-players required game by yourself!

Forever-alone.png

• Like 5

I played a ton of Atari Flashback the last time I saw my nephews. They absolutely LOVE "pixel games", as they call them. If I lived closer, we'd play a lot of the old systems.

They don't yet know that I'm writing games. I'm hoping to surprise them with a physical copy of something soon - I think it will blow their minds. Of course, I'll have to provide the console as well - not many kids own an Intellivision these days. :lol:

• Like 5

I play Intellivision and other systems with friends and cousins a good bit. People will come over, see the usual PS4 and Xbox 360 and say "cool" but when I bring out the old stuff they get curious so we always end up taking time out of the "Oh lets play Rock Band 2 for the billionth time" for the older systems.

• Like 1

I personally don't have anybody to play with. My wife won't touch the Intellivision (she thinks that disc and keypad are weird).

I made a decision some time ago to not have children, and I guess that's my lot now. I wonder if we could adopt a kid for a week-end... :lol:

• Like 2

I'm afraid I'm a Lone Ranger myself. My father, brother and I all played when I was young since my dad first bought an Intellivision around 1980. I no longer live near them or any of my friends since moving 2 years ago so I'm on my own for console games whether they are retro or modern. Luckily most of my favorite INTV titles are single player or optional ones. Deadly Discs is my current favorite along with Night Stalker and Mountain Madness.

• Like 1

I wonder if we could adopt a kid for a week-end... :lol:

Just don't send him back in a cheap padded envelope like the last person who borrowed him did, although I guess that was better than the person who just slapped a mailing label across his forehead.

I'm afraid I'm a Lone Ranger myself. My father, brother and I all played when I was young since my dad first bought an Intellivision around 1980. I no longer live near them or any of my friends since moving 2 years ago so I'm on my own for console games whether they are retro or modern. Luckily most of my favorite INTV titles are single player or optional ones. Deadly Discs is my current favorite along with Night Stalker and Mountain Madness.

I used to like Tennis a lot when I was younger, but I couldn't get anybody to play with me. My sisters weren't really into video games, and my cousin preferred football and baseball (which I didn't own because I really didn't like sports games).

I am now quite happy with IntelligentVision's Super Pro Tennis with single player mode, which lets me play against the computer. I still would like a partner for Utopia and Triple Action. To me those are games that require another player, even if they had single player mode.

• Like 1

My kids love to play Intellivision with me. First, I *let* them beat me at their multitudes of first person shooters on their fancy newfangled machines, then I annihilate them at sports games, Frog Bog, Shark! Shark!, and Snafu on the Intellivision. Except for all the screaming about the crappy controller and crying about getting schooled by an old man, good times...

• Like 5

My sister and I played a lot when we were kids, she is still interested in Intellivision. In fact I just repaired 2 units for her (both bought "working" off eBay a while ago, both had issues... *sigh*) However she lives in another city so I hardly see her.

I have another friend who is a mad video games fan, and Intellivision was one of her favourite consoles as a kid. She has quite a console collection, but I think most of her games are in storage at the moment. She can't remember where her Intellivision unit is! She dropped in a couple of months ago to check out a couple of the new homebrews and to play some Buzz Bombers.

I showed my 3yo son Intellivision for the first time the other day - starting with the basics, we'll move up later to retro arcade, NES, SNES then modern consoles. I showed him Piggy Bank, he loved that. He really liked the hunter character in AD&D, he was talking about it for days.

- J

• Like 2

Sure, my wife. We used to play a lot more, but we pretty much played out Utopia, and she doesn't like military games like Sea Battle or sports games.

But we'll have a round of Frog Bog or Thin Ice every so often. Microsurgeon, Dracula, and a few others have also gotten time now and then. One of these days I'd like to play through Swords and Serpents with her, maybe Truckin' too.

• Like 2