IGNORED

Atari 1050 Disk Drives

Up for sale are two Atari 1050 Disk Drives. I bought these several years ago from a company called Future Media. They used to use the Atari system to make commercials - or some such thing. I forget.

The important things are:

Both disk drives were just tested on my 800 and they both work fine. They are stock 1050s (no US Doubler or anything cool) but I loaded a few games off my old floppies and they worked fine. They are the quieter-sounding drives. Both are still quite white - no major yellowing. Both cases have two strips of Velcro on the bottom. These were stacked in a specially built tower and were Velcro'd in.

As you can see in the pic, one of them is missing the front cover. That drive also doesn't eject the disk properly, so you have to reach in and grab the disk with the tips of your fingers to retrieve it. The other one springs the disk out like it's supposed to.

They both come with working power supplies. One of the power supplies was modified by Future Media to make the cables extremely short. Because of the tower they were in, they didn't need the extra length. I'll also toss in one SIO cable and I'll stick a floppy disk in each drive and lock down the mechanism so the heads don't bounce in shipping. There may or may not be games on these disks. :^)

I'm hoping to get $60 for both, plus actual shipping. If you only want one, I'd go $40 for the one with the front cover and $30 for the other.

Cheers!

Smeg

post-1517-0-72080200-1457914185_thumb.jpg

post-1517-0-02787300-1457914254_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...