IGNORED

rarest a8 carts (no prototypes )

Scooter83

There are 16 sets of that carts. Currently 4 of them are dumped. Check news form 23rd of May at Atarimania.

Waiting for the next ones.

16!? Wow. Anybody have a pic of carts 2-16 and box/docs?

I'm curious if those are the actual names on the carts (Atrax #01, #02, etc.). The menus themselves are identical, aside from the game entries.

Is the mis-spelled Star Raiders (Star Raider) considered rare? Also what about recent but but not made any longer carts, ie Blast-5200?

Similar but different, what about 800 add in cards, say before made before year 2000? Almost all are rare, yes? Like Mosic Ram power cards.(this probably should be different thread?)

Also note that there, if you can imagine, copies of the AtraX carts also being circulated.

I've never seen them with boxes or instructions.

I have a couple. They are marked 'Atari' with a number . i.e. Atari 4

Weird games or knock-off's I think.

I think it's more likely that they're cartified versions of popular games from Polish software houses that were perhaps collated by AtraX (whatever that is). Does anyone have a ASF multicart?

You're talking about modern repros on Ebay? Any recent examples of this?

Well, I typically stay away from the SIC type carts, especially when they are over 64KB. And there are so many, relatively newer compared to the hey day of the 800/800XL, late 80's and 90's carts. If I remember a lot at 128KB.

But there is a member here that has a lot of knowledge z1013.

I've found that there are just as many copies as originals.

Watch out for very clean labels, and white, etc. I've attached an example.

edit: I heard swanke might be making them.

post-27608-0-25430100-1496061238.jpg

post-27608-0-46102900-1496061239.jpg

Edited by Atari8bitCarts

to me they look like compellation cartridges, similar to what Sunmark was doing. Using someone else's work and creating a multi-cart.

these titles were produced by LK Avalon for the polish market originally I believe, and not on cartridge. early 90's.

example:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-aurum_435.html

Edited by Atari8bitCarts

Couldn't tell you. I was 17 and EPROMS were a *very* new thing to me. I distinctly remember, putting it in a little drawer, pushing a button, bright light glowing out of the drawer and a VERY hot chip/board having to be taken out of the drawer. You can guess as to why/why not. Not going to gainsay you, but there was light and it was hot. We had to take them out of the case and put them in the drawer to erase them. We may have plugged them in to a cart port to program them as I recall having to put them in different slots depending on what system the cart was for. End of story. Found $5 on the way home from work, too.

It's all true. Except maybe the $5 part.

It had to be UVEPROMs. All incandescent lights have a component of UV output. Most people here have probably seen black light bulbs which are just incandescent bulbs painted with a UV filter. It takes pretty strong UV light to erase UVEPROMs in under an hour. Our erasers use florescent UV lamps, and even they get pretty hot, but the boards don't get too hot to touch. If your eraser was getting that hot, maybe they used sun lamps? These were used for tanning, so they put out quite a bit of UV light, but they also put out a lot of heat.

• Like 1

to me they look like compellation cartridges, similar to what Sunmark was doing. Using someone else's work and creating a multi-cart.

these titles were produced by LK Avalon for the polish market originally I believe, and not on cartridge. early 90's.

example:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-aurum_435.html

Yes, but why would they have credited the original software house if pirated? Maybe they were properly licensed. Mystery!

And I've got to try 'Honky' this weekend. Somehow I doubt that it's a salient critique of society, but you never know.

Yes, but why would they have credited the original software house if pirated? Maybe they were properly licensed. Mystery!

Many knocked off titles after Atari came apart, especially in other countries. These were early 1990's, I had long moved on from Atari and cartridges :)

I'm not sure if they were properly licensed, as there would be some sort of evidence of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LK_Avalon

(unless someone has more information on them)

These are like the Atari 400/800 Taiwan cartridges maybe?

It had to be UVEPROMs. All incandescent lights have a component of UV output. Most people here have probably seen black light bulbs which are just incandescent bulbs painted with a UV filter. It takes pretty strong UV light to erase UVEPROMs in under an hour. Our erasers use florescent UV lamps, and even they get pretty hot, but the boards don't get too hot to touch. If your eraser was getting that hot, maybe they used sun lamps? These were used for tanning, so they put out quite a bit of UV light, but they also put out a lot of heat.

Entirely possible. The whole unit was about the size of a KayPro luggable. Sat on a counter. If it was a sun lamp it would have been a compact one. It definitely only took about 5 minutes or so to erase them