IGNORED

(WIP) Cat and Mouse

TwentySixHundred

Hi all, a while since i been around however decided to fire up the old VisualBb the other night for some fun. Anyway lost as to what to make as a project the Mrs came up with the idea of a small game of cat and mouse. So for once i had something somewhat original of an idea to sink my teeth into. Main idea was to show her some coding but the game kinda grew into something larger then expected. It's not the best little game going around nor the most fun but isn't to bad in my opinion. Thought i would share it anyway and thinking of updating it, well atleast the known varible reset bug i have found. At this moment i have used the full 4kb of allocated ROM space so havent removed the bug yet. i have been thinking of moving the source to a new 8kb project to make a more indepth game but not sure yet.

The small known bug is after the game is over by pressing the fire button it will restart then game, it resets the score however does not reset the speed of the cat and another background varrible. Not too much of an issue at the moment as by pressing the console reset will reset the game(varribles) completly. I still need to downsize the sorce code anyway in return it will allow enough room to fix this bug.

Basically the game is fairly simple all you really do is avoid the cat like any mouse would while collecting the small pieces of cheese for points. Your only defence is mouse droppings by pressing the fire you can lay a dropping that if the cat hits he will get off your back for a brieff moment. In addition to that if you collect more then 40 pieces of cheese and manage to make the cat run into a mouse dropping you will unlock "blue cheese" as a secondary cheese to collect. Blue cheese gives 20 points rather then the standard 5 for yellow. PS the blue cheese can be hiding behind a tree at times

Anyway i know some like to see these little projects so i thought i would share the game Cat and Mouse (2016) (TT2600).bin

post-30687-0-13806300-1458018452_thumb.png

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 2

Thanks for the input RT i will have a good look at these programs, see if i can pick up some pointers :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony The 2600

Update: Fixed all known bugs for now along with a few small changes, if any are found please let me know. Looks like i cant edit the original post so will just attach it here.

v1.01 attachicon.gifCat and Mouse (2016) (TT2600).bin

If you shoot Albert a PM, he can give you the rights to update the first post so you can keep all the releases in a consistent location.

(Moderators may also be able grant those permissions, but I've only noticed Albert doing it)

If you shoot Albert a PM, he can give you the rights to update the first post so you can keep all the releases in a consistent location.

(Moderators may also be able grant those permissions, but I've only noticed Albert doing it)

Thanks BigO i will have to do that, will be alot easier to manage :thumbsup: