IGNORED

Atlantis II Live Auction with ebay link, ends today

fabman99

It would have gone for more had I been able to bid.

Unfortunately, you cannot bid on a mobile device during the live auction. I tried and was unable to do so.

Huh? I have no problem doing so. What device are you using? And how are you making the bid?

Huh? I have no problem doing so. What device are you using? And how are you making the bid?

the link was to a "live auction" ebay auction. The item was up for auction at an auction house and you could also bid online through ebay. I think it is something fairly new, when I tried to bid, it stated that I couldn't bid from a mobile device. Edited by atari181

I did a live auction back in I believe November last year when I purchased that play GYM. I had to sign up for "BidSpotter". It was the first I heard of a live auction and I was VERY unsure over it. However after doing it and winning :) It was an awesome experience.

The fact the place was almost 2 hrs away from me made it super simple and I didn't have to waste my time going out that far. It was worth the extra % they charged. I think instead of 15% buyers premium I had to pay 20%. It was totally worth the extra $15 to not spend half my day driving and waiting to bid on that 1 item and then drive home lol.

I was totally blown away at how accurate the response time was. I didn't know at the time I was listening to the auction but there was a live voice bidding and he was bidding on everything and I thought they sold my item to a person who was there at the auction lol. After calling BidSpotter I found out the person I kept hearing was bidding on behalf of the online bidders.

It was VERY cool and fast I would literally place my bid and seconds later the live person for BidSpotter would be saying "yep or here" confirming my bid to the auctioneer for me. Totally awesome.

You needed to be approved to bid, i sent my request for approval & it took couple days to be confirmed for bidding. I watched it go down it took 45 seconds to be sold & they went by lot#. I almost bid because i needed the paperwork but it had a lot of writing on the back so i passed & will save the ammo for next big ticket game that may show up this year? The thing sold for around $1000 because there was a 18% buyers fee.