IGNORED

Who's still interested in buying an Incognito for their 800?

tep392

What's the demand for a new run of Incognito boards.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many Incognito boards would you buy?

• I would buy One
    • I would buy Two
    • I would buy Three
    • I would buy Four and then some.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Im surprised things like this arent done already, some really great products out there and typically a short window to even raise your hand when a batch is being made. Bryans excellent video upgrade will be sold in the atariage store here soon, maybe this is another project that could end up there..

I realize not every mod or invention has been successful, but just lately there have been a few where demand definately has outstripped supply, the ultimate sd is one such example. In half a day there is interest for 30 incognitos, and the other atari communities and forums dont even know about it.

I hadn't thought about that. No need to build them in someones basement. I don't know that we would need to make 200 for it to be economical. Unless there someone willing to take the risk and put up money, we would need to do this with pre-orders. So identify some possible suppliers, quote the job at various volumes. Get commitment from the buyers and do pre-order, order and ship. And if someone wants to invest in some excess inventory to support future demand, they are welcome to it. It looks like Candle is willing to license his design. So there's nothing to stop us except possibly cost.

Im surprised things like this arent done already, some really great products out there and typically a short window to even raise your hand when a batch is being made. Bryans excellent video upgrade will be sold in the atariage store here soon, maybe this is another project that could end up there..

I realize not every mod or invention has been successful, but just lately there have been a few where demand definately has outstripped supply, the ultimate sd is one such example. In half a day there is interest for 30 incognitos, and the other atari communities and forums dont even know about it.

I will go ahead and say I can finance, at least most if not all of it. I have no time for any of the other legwork, so you guys will have to do that.

• Like 3

I have two of them, neither one installed - one from the first run and one from the third. No need to go into why they aren't installed (too complicated), but I may part with one soon. I don't want to put it on ebay and make money off of someone, just break even... I would rather see it go to someone who will use it than to see it sit here, doing nothing (which should almost be criminal).

I want to make sure that one of them is installed and running before I part with the other, so please be patient and I ask that no one send me private messages expressing interest just yet, as I have no idea how I am going to "put it out there" when the time comes.

I just wanted everyone to have a decent "heads-up", so keep your eyes open. :)

• Like 1

Based on the poll, it looks like we could sell 40+ units. I have no idea if this is enough to get them produced at a reasonable price. I send a PM to Candle to get his input on this idea and how the licensing might work. I havn't heard back yet. Now if we want this to actually happen, someone is going to have to take on leading the project. I'm sure others can be recruited to help out. Unfortunately I can't be cause I'm already supporting the XM project which is long overdue. I'd be happy to pitch in on minor tasks if needed.

• Like 3