IGNORED

Intellivision 4 player games?

Rev

Championship Tennis looks like it was written for four players. After placing the first two players in two of the four available positions, the third player comes out like its waiting to be positioned. The game eventually continues with two player singles or doubles. I don't have the hardware but I can't get this game to run using jzIntv with ECS, It crashes after I select the cartridge option.

I've tried the following mappings in jzIntv:

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $3FFF = $D000

------------------------

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $4FFF = $D000

Championship Tennis looks like it was written for four players. After placing the first two players in two of the four available positions, the third player comes out like its waiting to be positioned. The game eventually continues with two player singles or doubles. I don't have the hardware but I can't get this game to run using jzIntv with ECS, It crashes after I select the cartridge option.

I've tried the following mappings in jzIntv:

[mapping]

$0000 - $1FFF = $5000

$2000 - $3FFF = $D000

------------------------

[mapping]

$0000 - $1FFF = $5000

$2000 - $4FFF = $D000

championship tennis is the only game that wont run in an ecs.

Sure, if three of those players are computer-controlled. :lol:

I had a pretty good game several weeks ago with my friend, his 5 year old daughter and her mother. At one point we really played 4 players. Most of the time the 5 year old was player 1 and 2, her dad was player 3 and I was player 4. We played for about an hour. She happens to be the only 5 year old I know so I agree my options are limited, but still, it is possible.

(I knew I should have taken pics of us all playing so I had proof). :?

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I've got simultaneous four-player mode working with the Ultimate Flashback. This requires another UPCI hooked up to the USB dongle, and jzintv needs to be run in ECS mode. World Cup Soccer is actually fun now with four players! Now we just need some more simultaneous four-player games... The Intellivision could use more party games!

Anything is possible with the right adapter and alternate controller but I don't see how 4 players could play at the same time with 2 default controllers.

The only thing I could think of was a 4 player maze game where 2 people hold either end of one controller with one person navigating with the Disc while the other using the Fire buttons to steer. But with only 3 true buttons you'd need a shift trigger button to toggle between Up&Down or Left&Right 2 button groups, I already feel bad for the button players lol.

It's funny how Mattel seemed to like making hardware but didn't consider controller peripherals more, like how the the 2600 had paddles and Coleco steering alternates. I like console keyboards just fine but smaller cheaper options existed outside of the Keyboard Component even bitd. ;)

The ECS lets you hook up 2 more controllers for a total of 4 controllers. Only World Cup Soccer supports 4 controllers.

How common are those units, certainly a consideration worth using regardless? I was just thinking the less buttons, more players approach using the defaulted 18 pins could be enjoyed by anyone with an Intellivision.

Oh I see, there's a little hatch you open and plug them into, neat.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/169018-replacement-controller-ideas/