IGNORED

OT: Tiny Arcade Machines

Lathe26

I still have my Coleco Pac-Man and Donkey Kong games in boxes. They're getting rather valuable and I've never seen any in boxes. My sister and I got them for Christmas in about 1983 and we somehow managed to retain the boxes. When trying to sleep that night we still heard the game sounds in our heads. Yikes!

• Like 2

Oh please, I had these over 30 years ago. :P The sound was really annoying though.

coleco-pacman-tabletop.jpg

Hey! I had one of those!!! I loved it for the mere fact that it was "Pac-Man," and I had caught the Pac-Man Fever when I was 11 years-old. (I think I even had Pac-Man bedsheets and pillow cases.)

The game-play wasn't as good as I wanted, but I still enjoyed it. Certainly more than my Pac-Man digital watch!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Hey! I had one of those!!! I loved it for the mere fact that it was "Pac-Man," and I had caught the Pac-Man Fever when I was 11 years-old. (I think I even had Pac-Man bedsheets and pillow cases.)

The game-play wasn't as good as I wanted, but I still enjoyed it. Certainly more than my Pac-Man digital watch!

s-l1600.jpg

i think your pacman watch is worth more though. I wanted one but couldnt afford the $450 price tag. I still have a starfox one. Ive owned several other nintendo ones. I had the zelda one as a kid and bought one plus several others several years ago but sold most of them. Now all of a sudden they became expensive where 5 years ago i could buy any of them for $20. Edited by pimpmaul69

I have a Space Invaders that looks just like this. Plus some Spider-Man colour LCD game. You can actually use a penny in place of a quarter. The joystick is extremely small.

Surprised to see this form factor return. It's insanely impractical, but kinda fun in a nerdy way.

my space invaders.

post-30773-0-00567100-1458287644_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i think your pacman watch is worth more though. I wanted one but couldnt afford the $450 price tag. I still have a starfox one. Ive owned several other nintendo ones. I had the zelda one as a kid and bought one plus several others several years ago but sold most of them. Now all of a sudden they became expensive where 5 years ago i could buy any of them for $20.

Oh, I don't own it now... I had it when I was 11 years-old, back in the 1980s. I was so proud and happy to be able to "play" Pac-Man during classes. It beat the heck out of my calculator watch!

s-l1600.jpg

Darn, I was dorky. :lol: :facepalm:

Edited by DZ-Jay

Oh, I don't own it now... I had it when I was 11 years-old, back in the 1980s. I was so proud and happy to be able to "play" Pac-Man during classes. It beat the heck out of my calculator watch!

s-l1600.jpg

Darn, I was dorky. :lol: :facepalm:

DZ, everyone wanted one of those at that time.. game watches,ext... what a fade it was.. just think nowadays its the fit watches, iwatches, ext.... the telephone shoe... lol

my space invaders.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What I'm talking about is just a wee bit smaller. Here's one of the only pics/links I can find to these things:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IZBD9O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687502&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00BZZMUTS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15G5FZX8SECTDRMY7V8Q

That little slot beside the joystick is penny-sized, hence "Penny Arcade".

I don't think many people ever saw/played these.

Still got my Donkey Kong mini cab somewhere, lost the battery cover though. I wanted Pac Man back in the day but back then my allowance was only $1 a week and when I had enough to get one, the local store didn't have any in stock. Wasted the money on a 2600 game instead.

• Like 1

TL;DR

Are you going to make me read through all eight pages, or can you give us a summary of the outcome. :lol: I read the first two pages of discussion, and it was indeed interesting (I particularly liked your specific comments on the types of games, etc.).

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

TL;DR

Are you going to make me read through all eight pages, or can you give us a summary of the outcome. :lol: I read the first two pages of discussion, and it was indeed interesting (I particularly liked your specific comments on the types of games, etc.).

Yes! As Johnny 5 says.... "INPUT!"

• Like 1