IGNORED

No Man's Sky

TPA5

When the vast majority of what you were told will be in the game aren't in the game at launch, then "everything they told us about the game was a lie." is valid.

I don't particularly remember many people complaining about not explaining the game prior to launch though. The stated goal was pretty simple - get to the center of the galaxy. They didn't explain all the ins and outs of how and why you had to do it though I guess.

As for it being way overhyped, like most things about the game, you can blame it on the developer for saying anything and everything they could think of to generate interest in the game. "Oh yes you can do that. Yes that's going to be possible. These types of things will happen." etc. When at launch virtually none of that was possible.

I'd kinda wonder if they would have bothered to add all the extra content with the patches since launch if there wasn't a massive outcry about it, but that's just my opinion.

I've been noticing the physical copies of the game for the PS4 have been dropping at gamestop, so there might be a time when I'll decide to pick it up - but at 31 dollars it's STILL too expensive for my blood.

Lie = deliberate deception.

When you have plans that you can't complete because of external factors, it's not the same as a lie. At least they are working to fix the situation.

They also announced the extra content before the outcry happened. They knew the game wasn't ready. Sean even wrote an open letter to the community where you can see he was troubled by the situation. "I feel sick writing this" "I don't know how you'll feel. I don't know if we can ever live up to the hype we've generated," You can see the letter here: http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-murray-no-mans-sky-letter-to-fans-full-text-2016-8

And "What do you even do in this game?" became a running joke prior to release because the question was being asked so often.

• Like 1

Zzip that bit from IGN was pretty telling what to expect while so many others played up much further. Anyway on gog its 40% off on sale right now. I didn't get the Switch I'd be all over that.

I also rewatched their E3 2015 stage demo last night. The game he showed was very similar to the game that was released the next year.

Aside from all the nonsense crying about the game since it came out, for those who really understood their intent at release, plus the updates/fixes since would you feel that it's a solid experience? I was going to get it, but then backed off buying PS4 games, yet now it's on GoG as well so I'd snap it up on there when time allows.

Absolutely. Make no mistake, this is not a scripted action game that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It is a game of exploration, collecting, and enjoying the experience at your own pace. And the latest updates that allow you to build home bases to store your collected stuff really reinforces this. The 2 updates they've had for the game so far have been substantial and added a great deal of content to the experience. It's really a shame that it's been overshadowed by the hype and response from overreacting kids. With solid updates like this hopefully they'll finally move past the debut silliness and continue to refine what is already a really unique and fun game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The updates have definitely brought the game inline with what it was always intended to be, as if they were stolen by a deadline that couldn't be broken.

Loved it before, still loving it now. If you've not played it yet, it's worth giving it a go, as long as you put yourself into the game,

• Like 2

The updates have definitely brought the game inline with what it was always intended to be, as if they were stolen by a deadline that couldn't be broken.

Loved it before, still loving it now. If you've not played it yet, it's worth giving it a go, as long as you put yourself into the game,

Just got my Collectors Edition this past weekend. I haven't even opened it yet, but looking forward to this one!

• Like 1

Just got my Collectors Edition this past weekend. I haven't even opened it yet, but looking forward to this one!

I very nearly bought the Limited Edition Steelbook used for cheapish the other day as I only have it on Digital and wanted to emulate the Elite experience from BITD with the novella etc. But decided i was better off putting that cash towards something I don't have.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the price to drop further honestly. About the only way I'll pick it up any time soon (on ps4) is if it hit a flash sale at 15 dollars or less. I've got a lot of other games already bought that still need playing that were actually feature complete when they launched.

I finally played earlier today. I was a bit disappointed that the DLC card in my Limited Edition was redeemed, although I thought it probably was just because the copy I got was used. ($38)

I've read that the DLC wasn't much some resources, a weapon blueprint, a ship mod. Basically a bit of a head start I'm thinking so I wasn't too upset.

I didn't play too long, but what I played was pretty much what I was expecting. I was the guy who in the Mass effect games actually liked landing on planets with the Mako and exploring every inch of the surface of planets. Also liked scanning and mining for resources. This type of gameplay, along with crafting seems to be the main draw of No Man's Sky early on anyways. I found some sort of small buildings and a frig like trader who got mad at me when I pat him on the head!

Early impression, awesome exploration, nice environments, laid back gameplay. I'm liking it so far!!