IGNORED

Favorite Light Gun Games?

KWKBOX

Rescue Mission (SMS)

Wanted (SMS)

Rambo III (SMS)

Crossbow (arcade, 7800)

House of the Dead 1 & 2 (arcade, Dreamcast)

Not technically a light gun game, but Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) is fantastic and IMHO it's the same genre for all intents and purposes.

Duck Hunt probably isn't even in my top 10, but it's been a long time since I've played it. I never really liked it that much. Gumshoe and Wild Gunman were more fun IMHO. Different strokes and all that...

• Like 1

Oh, another guilty pleasure: Crypt Killer! The arcade version had 3 shotguns you had to actually pump, and a cab where you'd draw the curtains around to block out everything else. It was very cheesy, but a lot of fun. Look left! Look up! The Saturn version was fun, too.

• Like 1

Hmm... for consoles, I'd have to say Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley. I remember Demolition Man on 3DO had a lightgun segment that I thought was OK, but I still can't figure out the driving segments all too well so I never really play it all that much. For the arcade, I remember House of The Dead 1 and 2 were pretty fun and had really cheesy voices. Space Gun is still a bunch of fun, I've never beat it but I do like it. There's also this Zombie Raid game, which is a big 'ol pain but it's fun to try and beat it - not my favorite though.

Rescue Mission (SMS)

Wanted (SMS)

Rambo III (SMS)

Crossbow (arcade, 7800)

House of the Dead 1 & 2 (arcade, Dreamcast)

Not technically a light gun game, but Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) is fantastic and IMHO it's the same genre for all intents and purposes.

Duck Hunt probably isn't even in my top 10, but it's been a long time since I've played it. I never really liked it that much. Gumshoe and Wild Gunman were more fun IMHO. Different strokes and all that...

Did not even know the 7800 had a light gun. I noticed a lot of SMS games so I will need to dig out my Phaser and try those out soon.

I have a fond memeory of my uncle beating Safari Hunt on the Master System, but I wouldn't call it a "Favorite"!

Some of my faves that come to mind though?

Gangster Town (SMS)

Rambo III (SMS) (Possibely my favorite light gun game ever... 50% nostalgia there though)

House of The Dead 2 (Arcade/Dreamcast)

Virtua Cop 1 & 2 (Saturn)

Can't believe I forgot about the Virtua Cops! Add those to my favs list!

Also I had a lot of fun with T2: The Arcade Game (though it's not technically a light gun game, but, you know) both in the Arcades and at home on the Genny with a Menacer. Even with that dodgy cross hair that would shake all over the place I still managed to get good enough to Destroy Cyberdyne AND keep that Helicopter off the Van.

Edited by Torr

Virtua Cop 1 and 2 (whyyyy did VC 3 never come home?????)

Gunblade NY / LA Machine Guns

House of the Dead 1-4 (Arcade, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS3 respectively :) )

Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)

Ghost Squad (Wii)

Carnevil (Arcade)

Area 51 (Saturn & Arcade)

Confidential Mission (Dreamcast)

Crossbow (Arcade / Mame, works great with a mouse even if that's not the spirit of the light gun game)

Chiller (Arcade / Mame) (partially kidding on this one, it's mostly awful)

I loved Operation Wolf in the arcade. The NES version I was less than impressed with. I also remember playing one, although I forget the name, where the arcade machine had sensors to see where you were and you would have to literally duck and crouch and such to get behind cover in the game. It was pretty fun and a real workout if you played it long enough.

Made very little use of the light gun, as the only games I had for it were Wild Gunman, Duck Hunt, and Hogan's Alley. I hated the professor in Hogan's Alley; usually mistakenly shot him thinking he was the brown-haired criminal. Duck Hunt allowed for some trolling if you got your hands on controller 2 to move the ducks.