IGNORED

FINALLY found a Genesis Model 2 3/4 MoBo VA 4

Rick Dangerous

21 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

I think you're confusing the Majesco Genesis 2 with the Majesco Genesis 3. The Majesco Genesis 2 is nearly identical to all other Genesis 2s to the untrained eye, but it actually contains the best audio and video encoders of any Genesis 2 (just like the Sega-made VA4 revision made just before the Majescos). So yeah, it's highly sought after. The Genesis 3 (also made by Majesco) is trash. That must be what you're thinking of. 

No, I meant the Majesco Genesis 2. FirebrandX knows more about it than I do. Also, the Genesis 3 is not trash and outputs beautiful RGB video. I'm not sure about the audio, though.

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

No, I meant the Majesco Genesis 2. FirebrandX knows more about it than I do. Also, the Genesis 3 is not trash and outputs beautiful RGB video. I'm not sure about the audio, though.

Haha ok whatever you say. It's widely known that the Majesco is the most sought after of the Genesis 2s (along with the Sega-produced VA4s). Not sure where you get your intel. 

Btw, I called the Genesis 3 "trash" because it is a stripped-down extremely cost-reduced model. It's hard to give away Genesis 3 consoles. You are right that it has the same video encoder as the VA 4 Genesis/Majesco Model 2 unit (which along with superior audio, makes the VA4 Genesis/Majesco a lucky find), but the Genesis 3 only outputs mono sound, absent modding. Also, the Genesis 3 does not support the 32X, Master System converter or Sega CD. And it also doesn't even have an LED with the power switch. Meanwhile, the VA 4 Genesis/Majesco Model 2 supports stereo sound.

I know you said you don't know much about the Genesis systems, so here's a site to help you learn more:

https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

On 7/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, 0078265317 said:

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2020/05/sega-genesis-2-va4.html?m=1

I added 1 more pic.  Mine says 1631 not 1451.  And it does not say Majesco.  But inside does say VA4.  Does that matter?  Do all VA 4 have batter picture?  Or only Majesco?

The ink stamped date is sweet. I need one that is stamped Dec 21st (my birthday).

On 7/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, 0078265317 said:

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2020/05/sega-genesis-2-va4.html?m=1

I added 1 more pic.  Mine says 1631 not 1451.  And it does not say Majesco.  But inside does say VA4.  Does that matter?  Do all VA 4 have batter picture?  Or only Majesco?

Nice! It's all good that yours isn't a Majesco. Sega made a relatively small number of VA4 consoles in-house before shifting distribution to Majesco. All VA4s have the same internals under the hood. Enjoy!