IGNORED

I Heart ATARI.

you-dont-say.jpg

Now that's not to say I don't love any other video games I still play and own but you had to know the backstory on the may three units and would be Atari VCS (2600) the 5200 and the 7800. Now I know I left out the Atari Lynx and the Jaguar 64 but those two just don't have the meager impact on my childhood life from the 70s and 80s so I left them out for the time being. Im also holding back all the early PONG units and the Home Computers cause they are a story of there own.

These three units I had a time line and where I where as I got these so these are coming from my back memory.

ATARI VCS (2600) - Back in 1977 after seeing both Star Wars and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind near my birthday week of Nov in NYC my mother got me the first released Atari Video Computer System (VCS) the old Heavy Sixer Woodgrain with all first 9 games that my mother got me for both my birthday and xmes gift that year and to this day its still works. Can't say that to most of the newer systems of today. So far I have over 800+ 2600 carts and I have many models from the 4 switch, Vader, 2600 JR and some of the Flashback Plug N Play although there not as good or feelm the same as the older unit. The 2600 sold from September 11, 1977 till January 1, 1992 but still this thing was around when the SNES, Genesis (Mega Drive) and TG16 and even CDi as the 2600 was still in store thats crazy! And remember this system was made in 1975 and with all it's bell and whistles in the end is a PONG UNIT just with joysticks and game carts that it! And to this day there are still new 2600 games being made and sold at AtariAge Store

ATARI 5200 - Its was the late summer in Brooklyn NY and my aunt wanted to get me for my birthday gift so she got me two presents one is a full size box set of both The Six Million Dollar Man Action Figure and his Playset Mission Control Center . And the Atari 5200 system. Thats its thats all the story I know. Had a lot of fun with The Six Million Dollar Man smile.gif

ATARI 7800 - This one was odd. I got this right when the Video Game Crash was at it peak and there where tons of old Atari 2600, 5200 and even some new 7800 games dart cheep some of them go as cheep as 4 for $5. my uncle walk me to the store we found a new box set of the 7800 plus 4 new games taped on the top of the box all new for $60 buck and well he got me that the four germs where Ms.Pac-Man, Centipede, Joust and Dig Dug. Eader why I got some fun out of it even if its on his death bed and the NES is kiicking its ass.

post-5587-0-21840900-1458842762_thumb.png

• Like 1