IGNORED

CUBICOLOR - do you own one?

timdu

I would like to know if you own CUBICOLOR.

attachicon.gifcubicolor_1.gif

If so, what number do you own?

I maintain a "Registered List of Cubicolor Owners" on my web site, but I still have many gaps to fill...

http://www.2600connection.com/faq/cubicolor/cubicolor.html

thank you for your help,

Tim

Hi there!

I do not own one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think I have one, but no signed sticker on it or cart #. I bought it in a lot of about 105 other (generic/common) carts last week. Unfortunately, when I tried it out, it wouldn't play (tried it on 4 different 2600 machines that I know work with other carts). When I tried it, I would just see flashes of images from the previous game that I had played (pole position) so it's definitely not loading the game. I opened it up by the 2 screws and noticed the copper pads looked kind of worn down. I have no idea whether or not this is a legit game by looking at the board/imagic chip, although it looks reasonable. I think I took it as far as I can and figured I'd post it on here to try to get more info on it and maybe ideas on how to get it working if it is.

Thanks,

Bill.

post-63750-0-32312100-1519487610_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-34079600-1519487612_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-42108900-1519487614_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-63979800-1519487643_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-55022100-1519487689_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-70353400-1519487691_thumb.jpg

post-63750-0-83709500-1519487705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ti99XBFan

I think I have one, but no signed sticker on it or cart #. I bought it in a lot of about 105 other (generic/common) carts last week. Unfortunately, when I tried it out, it wouldn't play (tried it on 4 different 2600 machines that I know work with other carts). When I tried it, I would just see flashes of images from the previous game that I had played (pole position) so it's definitely not loading the game. I opened it up by the 2 screws and noticed the copper pads looked kind of worn down. I have no idea whether or not this is a legit game by looking at the board/imagic chip, although it looks reasonable. I think I took it as far as I can and figured I'd post it on here to try to get more info on it and maybe ideas on how to get it working if it is.

Thanks,

Bill.

That all looks right from what I can see. Shame it doesn't work.

Is the trace between pins 21 and 22 of the ROM supposed to be cut? There's a dig in the board at that spot on the component side which appears to have broken the trace; it's most easily visible in the fifth picture. That particular trace leads to one of the address lines (A5, if I'm not mistaken), so if it's broken, that could explain why the cart isn't working.

Thanks Atari_Bill and jaybird3rd. Great. I didn't even notice that break. I thought it was some kind of bridge between pin 21 and 22 but they're not connected. Great, well that gives me hope. With my continuity tester (motor) it's defitely a break in that trace trying to get to pin 3.

Edited by Ti99XBFan