IGNORED

My game switch

atari2600land

I have a rather odd problem/request. I was wondering if there's any hope of repairing my Jaguar Automatic TV/Game Switch. It displays a fuzzy picture. I have another cord that works well, but this seems special because it has the Jaguar logo on it. I'm wondering if I could fix it and make the picture clear.

The Jaguar, as next gen 64 bit power house, demands composite at the very least.

If you want to get silly, go scart to xrgb mini for Jaguar as clear as it gets!

S-video is a cost effective upgrade from composite as well and OEM cables are available. As a matter of fact this is probably your best "bang for the buck" overall as they cost about the same as composite cables. The challenge these days is finding a TV with an S Video input! (Early LCD flat screens did have them for a while..)

Good luck!

Does anyone have a suggested link for purchasing an S-Video cable? There's a few on eBay (no originals last time I checked) and I'll probably get one of them at some point, but I'm happy to take on suggestions from happy stories.

The dumb thing is I had an OEM S-Video cable years ago, but I traded it away because I didn't have an S-Video capable CRT at the time...d'oh!

Does anyone have a suggested link for purchasing an S-Video cable? There's a few on eBay (no originals last time I checked) and I'll probably get one of them at some point, but I'm happy to take on suggestions from happy stories.

The dumb thing is I had an OEM S-Video cable years ago, but I traded it away because I didn't have an S-Video capable CRT at the time...d'oh!

I bought a generic s-video cable on eBay around a month ago but haven't opened it up yet. I'll give it a test tonight and give you the eBay link if it is any good. It wasn't a steal by any means but I think I paid $25 for it which was considerably cheaper than I had seen he Atari ones going for.

If you're strange like me and want a cable with composite and s-video, your best bet it to make a cable yourself. Just google "atari jaguar diy s-video" and you will find what you need in the links on the first page. Really basic soldering skills so not a big deal, but some people just don't have the tools or time. Still, the ability to make your own custom cable is cool; mine has video leads so I can plug in any s-video/composite cables to make it as long as I need.