IGNORED

FF 15 Uncovered

Ninjabba

Anybody hyped for this? I played Episode Duscae and loved it (was still a bit rough around the edges, but such great potential)

They'll be streaming it on Twitch and YouTube and because of the huge time difference with Europe I won't be able to see any of it.. but at least as of tomorrow we should know the release date

http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/uncovered/us/

I kind of lost interest after the demo, I posted some thoughts a while back on it here....I basically didn't care for the combat but I confess I haven't gone back to it to see all the improvements. I've been thinking about firing it up lately as I think I still have it installed.

Yup I'm still looking forward to it as long as its appealing (gameplay) and not another XIII-2 type of nonsense. The timer in that game killed it for me.

I am going to give Final Fantasy XV a shot. They have finally announced a date of Sept 20th.

I played the original demo and the updated one. They weren't drastic changes, but it did feel improved in many areas. If they did an update since then... I haven't tried it again.

Edit - Corrected a mistyped day.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

I'll buy it and play it, but I'm just not as excited for a new FF as I used to be. Maybe it's all the pointless spinoffs, or maybe it's just that they've been so uneven since the PS3/360 era. The whole 'FF 13 saga' also left me with a bad taste in my mouth (1st one was ok, the 2nd one was better but a bit of a WTF?!? with the ending, and the 3rd one was an abomination unto the Lord). The last FF I really enjoyed was 12. There are just too many good RPGs and not nearly enough free time to play them all.

I'll buy it and play it, but I'm just not as excited for a new FF as I used to be. Maybe it's all the pointless spinoffs, or maybe it's just that they've been so uneven since the PS3/360 era. The whole 'FF 13 saga' also left me with a bad taste in my mouth (1st one was ok, the 2nd one was better but a bit of a WTF?!? with the ending, and the 3rd one was an abomination unto the Lord). The last FF I really enjoyed was 12. There are just too many good RPGs and not nearly enough free time to play them all.

After playing through everything in a line as I did... Completely agree with a majority of your statement here. FFXIII was generally bad while what little time I gave FFXIII-2 was actually pretty impressive. I didn't get far enough to see an ending though... and apparently glad I didn't take the time. No plans to play XIII-3.

I wasn't the hugest fan of XII, but I mostly didn't get into the characters or story that much. My last true favorite is FFX.

And with FFXV coming down the line... I'm going to give it a shot because I want to hope it's great enough to stand above the rest. Will it be? ...Square Enix has dug a massive hole which they need to get out of because there's so much time and work behind this that if it's not a phenomenal success... Square Enix is probably f***ed.

I want XV to be good, but I also would greatly prefer more turn-based RPG. lol

After playing through everything in a line as I did... Completely agree with a majority of your statement here. FFXIII was generally bad while what little time I gave FFXIII-2 was actually pretty impressive. I didn't get far enough to see an ending though... and apparently glad I didn't take the time. No plans to play XIII-3.

XIII-2 should have been its own game, it took everything wrong from XIII-1 and correct it (for the most part), but the ending was a big WTF? and the super secret ending didn't clear things up at all. XIII-3 almost completely ignores everything from the previous two games except for minor cameos. The game structure is really the exact wrong way to do things, you don't fight things to gain experience, you do quests! Lots and lots of quests! Oh BTW you're also under a super tight time window so don't take too long to do those quests or else. It takes the worst parts of past RPGs and puts them into a super boring game. The ending of this whole mess was sort of 'meh' as well so there wasn't much of a payoff for suffering through it either.

Fun Fact: FF XIII-2 is the only game I ever got all the trophies for.

I don't know if I have an interest in this series anymore.

I personally prefer the visual art style of the old PlayStation 1 games. Something about making those hair styles "real" just kills it for me. Looks like a bunch of Japanese Hot Topic fanboys romping around the world of Xenogears. I mean, that one scene in the old trailer where the four guys are in the convertible sports car. The ridiculous level right there... they just looked absolutely absurd. I prefer when they try to make the games more artistic instead of realistic. Even Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles achieved this.

Furthermore, I think the battle system of all the older FF titles worked better. This new dynamic battle system they've been using as of late ruins any "strategy" play as far as I'm concerned. Does it look more realistic? Sure. People in real life wouldn't just sit and take turns getting hit. But this just turns into a hack and slash type of game, and it doesn't appeal to me.

That and, maybe it's just me, but I kinda preferred when FF games were more like Nintendo titles, and the characters didn't talk. There's something absolutely jarring about hearing these characters grunt, moan, and "sound surprised"... it's just constant grunting and "ooh!"'s that makes it sound like an overacted anime more so than a Final Fantasy title.

I just feel like Square has lost their way, and most likely have abandoned older FF fans in lieu of appealing to a new generation who just wants pretty flashy things to happen on screen.

They're so inept, that they still don't realize why games like Bravely Default sold so well. Maybe... ya know... it was because it used the old turn based style format of FF games of old. There's a market, a HUGE market, for that, and I wish they catered to it more instead of stumbling on it every now and then accidentally. It's reasons like the above that I'm frankly scared shitless of the FF7 remake. As far as I'm concerned, they can keep it, based on what I've seen.

Edited by MotoRacer

Call me an idiot but I did fall for the special edition pre-order (last time im ever gonna do this if its a let down)... as a big fan of the series (playing pretty much almost every entry except for XI and XIV), I been let down by the entire XIII saga for so many reasons... XIII-2 is alright at least in the gameplay department.

Playing the demos and looking at both Mr Tabata and Hashimoto past achievements, I think there's a fair chance this could work out great.

It's indeed strange how Squeenix didn't manage to capture a world like in the PS1/PS2 era... convoluted storylines with bland characters are definitely not in everyone's interest.

Edited by Ninjabba