IGNORED

Fully documented, reverse-engineered STAR RAIDERS source code available

lwiest

On 4/7/2016 at 5:17 AM, lwiest said:

There you go! Find instructions in the ZIP.

Enjoy! -- Lorenz

AssembleItYourself.zip 466.26 kB · 284 downloads

WONDERFUL !!!

This ABSOLUTE master-piece assembles (as instructed in .TXT)  in 1m:14s on A800 / Incognito, in Colleen mode (52K) + Axlon, SpartaDOS X, and running Mac/65 1.02, in "console mode" (XEP80, also loaded on upper-RAM region, since Mac65 has the decency of being E: compatible!). Not forgetting ".opt NO LIST" added on MASTER.M65 (thanks, Kyle!!)

Once assembled, "X /L N MASTER.OBJ" at command-prompt will load and place object file in $A000-$BFFF region, undisturbed from SDX own management of E: display-list, and then fire-up with custom-code for re-starting OS boot-manager right from SDX prompt (no cold or warm start). Works beautifully!

AB60A7DD-1CE6-4F24-A069-B6A4B3179A2C.thumb.jpeg.4f6c6b532d969771ca9b8b0e3b750896.jpeg

EDIT: forgot to add that I am impressed with Mac/65 speed, compared to Atari Macro Assembler (my daily-driver for small, on-hardware projects, does not need line-numbering and works with any editor). As far as I can see, the difference is DAY and NIGHT, in favor of Mac/65!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, David_P said:

ANALOG computing had a program called "The Streamliner" which would take binary files made up of a series of blocks and convert them to a single block.

I remember using MAC/65 to cross-compile for a 6802 processor, and it stumped me why there was 3-bytes (injected) into the OBJ code. In the end, I just hacked a basic program to read and remove these bytes. For my own information, why is this needed with OBJ files? Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I’d like to see a mod’ded version of SR that switches the ‘Shields On’ and ‘Shields off’ window colors. Right now On is the blue screen effect and Off is the black screen effect. I find the blue screen hides a lot of detail, like looking thru dark blue sunglasses. I like playing without shields for this reason. 

Edited by 800_Rocks