IGNORED

My Nes collection

Nice Collection!

FWIW, My favorites for NES are Deadly Towers, Faxanadu, Dragon Warrior (Series), and Lunar ball/Lunar Pool (Forgot which is US and which is Japanese...I'm thinking Lunar Ball is the American one) which is a surprisingly fun little pool game...Oh and I highly recommend (a Repro or replica) of Recca Summer Carnival...

Do you also have a Famicom by chance?

I've got a beautiful red Sharp Twin Famicom (Well I apologize in advance this is just gonna sound like a brag, I actually have two of them because one was broke but I got it repaired, then got both modded with longer cords for the joypads...Might as well have a backup right?) ..And an NEX (Well I have 2 of those too, but I'm probably gonna ebay one and a bunch of games)...And other clone systems...

Well I only ask because once you are collecting for NES, you realize a few cool things about Famicom land. Namely Multicarts, unofficial releases (Let's just say famiclone variants, some say pirate carts), and you find out there are ways to play otherwise Very Expensive games...For Instance, I've got famiclone variants of Little Samson, Zombie Nation, and that Flintstones game that might be somewhat fun but nobody should pay $600 (or whatever it is today)...And of course I recommend some NES repros too for games like Recca (Otherwise it may run you $1600 Boxed) which is, many say the Best shooter on NES, or Bio Force Ape which is pretty neato for a bit and Arcade Donkey Kong...And Famicom games in English etc...

I'd recommend this site if you're interested in some repros...

http://www.thenesdump.com/#/home

• Like 1

Thanks , some of the hidden gems I recently acquired are Shatterhand , Shadow of the Ninja , and Vice Project Doom .

Thanks!

I'm always on the lookout for recommendations...

I'm thinking I have Shadow of the Ninja, and possibly even have Vice in a box of games I always seem to forget about...Positive I don't have Shatterhand.

Also I really do have a lot of games I haven't had time to play yet...

Do you also have a Famicom by chance?

I've got a beautiful red Sharp Twin Famicom (Well I apologize in advance this is just gonna sound like a brag, I actually have two of them because one was broke but I got it repaired, then got both modded with longer cords for the joypads...Might as well have a backup right?) ..And an NEX (Well I have 2 of those too, but I'm probably gonna ebay one and a bunch of games)...And other clone systems...

Well I only ask because once you are collecting for NES, you realize a few cool things about Famicom land. Namely Multicarts, unofficial releases (Let's just say famiclone variants, some say pirate carts), and you find out there are ways to play otherwise Very Expensive games...For Instance, I've got famiclone variants of Little Samson, Zombie Nation, and that Flintstones game that might be somewhat fun but nobody should pay $600 (or whatever it is today)...And of course I recommend some NES repros too for games like Recca (Otherwise it may run you $1600 Boxed) which is, many say the Best shooter on NES, or Bio Force Ape which is pretty neato for a bit and Arcade Donkey Kong...And Famicom games in English etc...

I'd recommend this site if you're interested in some repros...

http://www.thenesdump.com/#/home

I do not have a Famicom . I just looked up a video of Recca and wow does it have a lot going on and seems really hard . I would asume you can buy a nes repro of this game . I also suggest a cheap hidden gem for the nes is Dragon Spirit .

• Like 1

gallery_45412_1640_152182.jpg

AtariBrian, on 04 Apr 2016 - 6:56 PM, said:

I do not have a Famicom . I just looked up a video of Recca and wow does it have a lot going on and seems really hard . I would asume you can buy a nes repro of this game . I also suggest a cheap hidden gem for the nes is Dragon Spirit .

Yeah Recca is Awesome!

It flickers a lot but still seems crazy for an NES game.

It was a very limited tournament game for their Summer Carnival in '92... I'm thinking I paid $35 at that site for it. I specifically sent him the cool transparent purple cart to put it on.

I think I have Dragon Spirit for Famicom, though, as always I definitely appreciate the recommendation! I'm positive I have it for Turbografx...

OK I'm new to this Gallery business so this is my first attempt at posting a pic...

Anyways here's a few highlights of my NES/Famicom Collection...

I just thought I'd share...

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 2

Those are three of my favorite games. Absolutely masterful action platformers!

Yep ! I couldn't believe how good they all were and never knew about them for all of these years . I have the Ninja Gaidens and have played them a bit but I think these are better games .

• Like 1

Yep ! I couldn't believe how good they all were and never knew about them for all of these years . I have the Ninja Gaidens and have played them a bit but I think these are better games .

Check out the following link if you want. I work as a writer and in my spare time do video game write-ups that nobody reads (hence why I haven't bothered to get a real website). NES action platformers are my favorite console / genre combo.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-gamesmans-knob/the-essential-nes-action-platformers/1004811559557537

• Like 1

Check out the following link if you want. I work as a writer and in my spare time do video game write-ups that nobody reads (hence why I haven't bothered to get a real website). NES action platformers are my favorite console / genre combo.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-gamesmans-knob/the-essential-nes-action-platformers/1004811559557537

Very cool . I may have to get a few of those and try them out .