IGNORED

Has anybody made a box for Super Action Baseball?

schuwalker

There were actually two made with vastly different takes on what Coleco would have possibly designed if they had made a box for the game instead of packaged it with the SACs.

CollectorVision followed the Head-to-Head style of box like Super Action Football.

A group of us (Jaymeister, Phattyboombatty, myself and i forget right now, but will look it up tonight) followed an earlier Coleco box style along the line of Rocky.

Pictures of both were posted in these forums and I'll post them here when I get a chance tonight.

A group of us (Jaymeister, Phattyboombatty, myself and i forget right now, but will look it up tonight) followed an earlier Coleco box style along the line of Rocky.

Pictures of both were posted in these forums and I'll post them here when I get a chance tonight.

His name was Dreygor. We were working with him on the Hyperspin 2 Cover art project for Colecovision.

We kicked around a couple ideas for the front cover, I suggested:

post-24975-0-88720100-1459774101.png

Even tho it met with great fan far, we decided on a more professional approach:

post-24975-0-68233200-1459774354_thumb.png

• Like 1

I like Pixelboy's photo the best so far. I wish I could've done an actual run of my boxes way back when, but having kids, getting a new job, and moving have taken over my life for the past 2 years. I poured a lot of time and artwork into it. And as always, it is an Authentic Reproduction with correct fonts and the Head-to-Head artwork on the back.

I like Pixelboy's photo the best so far. I wish I could've done an actual run of my boxes way back when, but having kids, getting a new job, and moving have taken over my life for the past 2 years. I poured a lot of time and artwork into it. And as always, it is an Authentic Reproduction with correct fonts and the Head-to-Head artwork on the back.

Now yours is an Extra Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition R10+ box!!

I love our box, cuz it's got my name printed on the back. :evil:

Never thought I'd see my name on a Colecovision box, too cool!!

• Like 1

Thanks Jaymeister... I was 99% sure that it was Dreygor, but I just couldn't get over that 1% possibility of being wrong. I love and have both box designs. Here is the front and back of "The Team"'s effort and then PhattyBoomBatty brought it all home with his improvements:

post-25956-0-94617500-1459816747_thumb.png

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Big sox fan and their 80s unis were so 80s so that's my vote.

Big White Sox fan here as well and I purposely looked for an appropriate picture of a lefty pitcher since the pitcher in the game is a lefty. So Floyd Bannister was the perfect choice and the Sox won 99 games in '83 (when the game was released as the pack-in with the SACs), but unfortunately lost to the Orioles in the playoffs.

Those uniforms were a pretty brave choice that were heavily inspired by the Astros uniform and I actually liked them more last year when the Sox used them for Sunday home games.