IGNORED

Black lynx cartridges

Guitari

One of the things that I have in my large lynx collection is all the black carts together in the carry case. Some have long live the lynx inscribed and some don't. They're all songbird except raiden that I had to make a sticker for. Anyone know of any other releases on black carts?

post-7413-0-39269000-1459777197_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-92604800-1459777218_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-77396400-1459777238_thumb.jpg

post-7413-0-38935700-1459777259_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, HyperDrome is from Telegames, as is Raiden. MegaPak1 is a community homebrew.

I will have a look at the other cartridges that are black. From memory, I believe that Fat Bobby and Bubble Trouble are also black (by Telegames), but with a different PCB.

Ah yes, I know this well. I had to hassle pete at telegames for months to get a copy of hyperdrome.I have the green cart of fat Bobby and black of bubble trouble. but it is really this version of the black carts I'm currently taking interest in.oh just saw I have krazy ace on this black version. Will post a photo to explain.

the poker game we released (the general release after the Jagfest X release) was on a black pcb. We used a vinyl label and I have to say it'd be nice if vinyl were cheaper because those freyed/white cut edges on the labels don't look that nice against the black carts. Sadly if we do any more games on black PCB we'll probably use laserjet sticker sheets too.

some of our future releases will probably be black pcbs too (i personally like the color for lynx pcb's!).

Edited by Willard

• 2 months later...

I have no current release on black carts but all my future ones will be black.

354774134.jpg

post-2099-0-07607100-1449429929_thumb.pn

Still waiting for my Tiko 3D printer to get the covers printed.

Are these black PCBs made by you? or if not, where can I get them? I was sure cards could be purchased on AA but maybe I was dreaming.

Are these black PCBs made by you? or if not, where can I get them? I was sure cards could be purchased on AA but maybe I was dreaming.

Yes. The idea is to sell these in small quantities for people who want to create new games for the Lynx. An affordable cart.

They are available with or without eeproms at discohat.com/shop

During the summer I should also get me 3D printer that allows me to print the 3D covers for the carts.

Yes. The idea is to sell these in small quantities for people who want to create new games for the Lynx. An affordable cart.

They are available with or without eeproms at discohat.com/shop

During the summer I should also get me 3D printer that allows me to print the 3D covers for the carts.

Awesome... and I'm interested in printing my own covers =) - thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

I've always wondered about handling these cartridges with the exposed chips or contacts. It seems as if you need to be very careful as static can damage the chips right????

I have a few of these from 20 years and a few just acquired (I just started up again with the Lynx - took stuff out of storage less than 2 months ago) and have always put electrical tape on the exposed pins and circuit areas (avoid any labels or stickers).

In fact, the Lexus and Ponx carts that I bought from SongBird 20 years ago came with CD case and already had electrical tape on the rear when they arrived.

The chips on the cart are not so sensitive. In the long run it is the edge connector and visible copper lanes that don't like to be touched. At service centers people use cotton gloves to avoid fingerprints on the PCB's. Fingerprints start corrosion of the copper wires and may affect the functionality in the long run. There is advice on this forum of how to use an eraser to clean the edge connector pins for carts that do not work. You can also use alcohol for this purpose.

Serious Lynx collectors should only play games wearing white cotton gloves ;)