IGNORED

Show me your Genesis!

Rick Dangerous

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, genesisguy said:

What is everyone hooking their Genesis up to and how?

I'm really interested in how everyone is playing in today's modern set ups with HDTVs

Mine are hooked up to a Sony KV-20FS120 WEGA Trinitron CRT TV, but if you want to connect your Genesis to a modern television the easiest way to go about it is probably going to be to get a HD Retrovision Genesis component cable, use that to connect the system to a OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter), then run HDMI out of the OSSC to your modern television. Either that or just play your games on a Mega SG, that works great too and will probably be the more affordable option. :)

Edited by Jin

Sure! Here's my Genesis where it is currently. I also have a sega cd & 32x but they're back at my mom's house in my old room. These days however I mostly play on the Mega SG which I've outfitted with an Everdrive X7 which I had prior and just never got rid of it.

xg7XTEr.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, genesisguy said:

What is everyone hooking their Genesis up to and how?

I'm really interested in how everyone is playing in today's modern set ups with HDTVs

I have mine connected to an OSSC through a set of HDretrovision Cables and then HDMI to my modern flat panel. It actually looks better than my SCART RGB connected consoles do. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My current setup as of today. When I first fired up the unit i get a humming noise from it, power supply issue maybe?

Not pictured off to the right side of the TV in my Genesis mini. After playing that for the last month or so made me excited

to dig my model 2 out and play on real hardware again. 

my genesis set up.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, Zeptari1 said:

My current setup as of today. When I first fired up the unit i get a humming noise from it, power supply issue maybe?

You using an original OEM power supply? That is the one of the most common reasons for humm on the audio on the Genesis and the Nintendo systems as well is cheaply made 3rd party PSUs. 

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You using an original OEM power supply? That is the one of the most common reasons for humm on the audio on the Genesis and the Nintendo systems as well is cheaply made 3rd party PSUs. 

I had electronics where the PSU itself hummed but not in its audio (this was a synthesizer).

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

BC6AD01A-43B5-4F5B-9E25-5AB7F6AEBC65.jpeg.ab135f9bd0e38843a85f322ca76a2125.jpeg
Power supply I’m currently using .

uploaded with my phone. Sorry I have no idea how to rotate the image.

Edited by Zeptari1
Added text.

• 1 month later...

Here is my Sega Genesis Model 2, I have it setup in my classic console cabinet.

It has a triple Bypass installed and is running out to a SCART connection connected to a GSCART 5.2 to a OSSC and then to a 24" ASUS monitor.  I use a MegaSD cart with mine.

I also have a Analogue MegaSG but I dont really use it as I like the - analog video setup I have better

DSC_9742.jpg