IGNORED

My paint-made mock up box art

KidGameR186496

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i haven't finished it,but what do you think guys?

Looks pretty awesome! But I'm skeptical because I don't know what the Japanese words say. For all I know it says "I am a dumbass"...

... of course, I would still buy the game at three times what it's worth, but it would be nice to know I'm not making fun of myself.

• Like 1

Looks pretty awesome! But I'm skeptical because I don't know what the Japanese words say. For all I know it says "I am a dumbass"...

... of course, I would still buy the game at three times what it's worth, but it would be nice to know I'm not making fun of myself.

The Japanese words on the title translates to Ultra Fire 68K,the 68K is a reference to the Motorola 68000 CPU that the x68000 has,and the one on the jaguar.

In case people may not know, this is a real game from ~1995 available on a bunch of different platforms, including dos. It would be a welcome addition to the Jag library, though I think it is not open source, and it was developed by a Japanese developer - and we all know the Jag didn't make any kind of splash in Japan, so its unlikely the Japanese developer would be interested in porting it.

Gameplay vid

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 4

In case people may not know, this is a real game from ~1995 available on a bunch of different platforms, including dos. It would be a welcome addition to the Jag library, though I think it is not open source, and it was developed by a Japanese developer - and we all know the Jag didn't make any kind of splash in Japan, so its unlikely the Japanese developer would be interested in porting it.

Gameplay vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3O5Zj6hayE

It kinda is open source 'cause someone managed to get it running on a Atari Falcon 030,but that's because it's free to download Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1

Would be cool to be sure. Like the Saturn, the Jaguars strong 2D capabilities make it a prime candidate for a few more good SHMUPS to be ported at some point. Wonder if we could track down the source code in Japan. Probably easiest to port the DOS version?

I think is possible to see the game running on the jaguar. Oh and thank you for mentioning a possible Saturn version,i was going to make a mock up of this.