IGNORED

How do you keep your wives at bay?

ussexplorer

I have passed up a few games because my wife tells me even if we can aford it. We don't have the space. Plus it don't work.

This seemed to be the last game I wanted to pick up.

I keep telling her the next time I see a 1943 game I will get it. Passed three units up.

Any ideas?

Give and take. If you really don't have room, she's probably none too thrilled at the thought of having a non-working pile in the house. The basement never applies though - that's man's domain. So that's what I'd say..."Downstairs belongs to me...you can have the upstairs and change whatever you want." (which they already do anyway).

A question: Did she already know about your shady classic gaming past before you two kids tied the knot?

She love the Sega Genesis and she known about my Atari collection. But she draws the line at arcade games. So I told her I would limit it to one game. So I have the hard task of finding a cheap local game and decided to either have a Play Pick 10 by Nintendo or a Neo Geo System. It is funny how these games was going for nothing years ago. Most was just make offer or hall off. Now, they are big bucks. But I might still get lucky. I found a few games in thrift stores. Nothing for me to jump at yet and really, really insist on it. As for upstairs / downstairs. Her brother is living with us and we are tying to keep the other room open for a guest room. Yea, Right. I have a small area but that only has room for my many computers. Luckly the consoles units go upstairs since she likes playing them. One final note, she knows I cannot part with money unless, I really want it. So I hope it is more the question of when I find one more than anything else on the list.

Laters,

Josh

Two good tricks of the trade:

First off, make it a game you both like. There are so many ways now to make one machine play multiple boards, its like a big console with a built in TV. Helps deal with the space issue. By the way, games are only 2 feet by 2 feet in floor space. A good sized end table is bigger on the floor.

Second, and more effective; make it a profitable endeavor. Get a cheap game, fix it and sell it for more than you have in it. A few "flips", if you will, and your game you keep is free. Cant argue with that price...

Good luck. I guess I got lucky that my wife is very supportive:

http://www.geocities.com/cassmandoo/basement.html

She even helped me paint it.

:)

Cassidy

I was talking to one of the guys at work about jamma and remebered running across a wiring/board that would allow you to run like three seperate jamma boards in one Cabinet. I even remeber playing them in the arcade. They just took and old Cab and put a few extra buttons in it. Then mouted the boards. Slapped stickers on the side and you could just press a button to select though the three games. One of the other options beside Neo Geo and Pick 10. Yes, If I got a pick 10 system or a game she liked. Then I'm sure it would be eaiser.

Laters,

Josh

I now know what I'm looking for in a system. Between this group and talking to a few others. Now I just got to wait until a Machine shows up for a good price in the local area. My Goals:

1. If not Jamma (Convert to Jamma)

2. Neo Geo PCB Board

3. Multi Select for different PCB

4. Computer Jamma Hookup

5. SVGA monitor to Jamma (Since most units I find Have dead or going monitors)

That is about it. :)

Thanks for the help,

If anybody has any Additional information about a single CHEAP unit in the Boise/Nampa/Caldwell Idaho Area, that would be great or just information in other ideas.

Laters,

Josh

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm so late in replying to this post...

But this reminds me of an incident a year or so ago...in my town there's a huge flea market twice a year....the Saturday after Memorial Day and the Saturday after Labor Day...and I think it was the post-Memorial Day Saturday last year when someone had a Q*Bert machine. My wife noticed that I was suddenly paralyzed in my tracks and drooling over the $200 price tag. "Oh, no...I've lost you forever, haven't I?" she said. Lucky for her, there was a sign on it that said "Needs Repair." :)

Archived