IGNORED

Brett Weiss YouTube Channel

Is there any amount of money I can donate, or any amount of books I can buy, to get you to stop bringing up the Video-Game Cri*** in your books?

Taste is subjective. So-called "critics" are useless. If a game is good to you, it's good. If it's not, it's not. Taste can't be shared or influenced.

Having said that, your opinions are what I'm curious about when I read your books. Anyone who's self-loathing enough to call himself a "critic" (what a useless bunch...those who can't do, criticize) doesn't deserve to be referred to in books that are as enjoyable and well-researched as yours.

That's not to mention that the guy doesn't even seem to like video games. Going from what admittedly little I've read, he's incredibly negative and, simply put, no fun. Just because some stranger arbitrarily sets up a website and deems himself some kind of reviewer doesn't give him any credentials whatsoever. Whatever your opinion is, you're the one who's always right -- for you.

I say all of this respectfully. I admire your accomplishments and I'm looking forward to watching your channel. Keep up the great work, and please at least give the words above some thought...it couldn't hurt, after all. In a nutshell, you're too good to allow the quotes of negative, unqualified hacks into your prose. :)

"Is there any amount of money I can donate, or any amount of books I can buy, to get you to stop bringing up the Video-Game Cri*** in your books?"

If memory serves, I quoted him in just one book. If you felt I quoted him too many times in that book, fair enough.

The reason I quoted other reviewers in my "100 Greatest" book was because I wanted to include opinions other than my own and to provide a little wider perspective and range.

A couple of readers of the "Classic Home Video Games" books, where I hardly quote anyone, have asked me what makes my opinion so valuable. "Decades of experience," I say. But you know what they say about opinions. :)

Edited by 8bitgamer
  • Like 1

If memory serves, I quoted him in just one book. If you felt I quoted him too many times in that book, fair enough.

The reason I quoted other reviewers in my "100 Greatest" book was because I wanted to include opinions other than my own and to provide a little wider perspective and range.

A couple of readers of the "Classic Home Video Games" books, where I hardly quote anyone, have asked me what makes my opinion so valuable. "Decades of experience," I say. But you know what they say about opinions. :)

Fair enough; I appreciate the thoughtful response. Now I can add another reason why I'm looking forward to getting your subsequent books!

(I've only read the 100 Greatest Console Video Games so far...but you've probably ascertained that. :D)

Fair enough; I appreciate the thoughtful response. Now I can add another reason why I'm looking forward to getting your subsequent books!

(I've only read the 100 Greatest Console Video Games so far...but you've probably ascertained that. :D)

Cool, no prob. Here are links to sample pages of several of my books:

http://www.brettweisswords.com/2015/08/free-sample-pages-retro-video-game-books.html

Edited by 8bitgamer
  • Like 1