IGNORED

Sys-Check V2.2 ready-to-use batch available

tf_hh

I emailed TF_HH a couple of weeks ago, he said he had some of the memory expansions but had not assembled them yet.  I asked him to let me know when they would be available but have not heard anything yet.

Best Regards

Venom4728a

Edited by venom4728a

6 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

I have messaged him twice and I haven't received a reply. I also emailed Vintage Computer Center and received no reply. It seems that everybody is out of everything and they don't want to talk to customers.

Remember, this is a hobby. People have real lives and real problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mimo said:

Remember, this is a hobby. People have real lives and real problems.

Hear hear..

Add the short supply of parts, the inflated costs and then factor in how much it costs to live now, along with job losses etc and people have to realise that none of these folk are multi millionaires from this, before it might have been a passable income, but now I bet many are barely breaking even. Lest we forget the stupid stuff like what happened to FJC and his wife, some complete idiot lobs a brick through the window, Ok, you get the window fixed and put up a camera but the emotional damage is huge, is it going to happen again, why has it happened, why did they do this. And the you start hating the area, some have already seen area's turning and this sort of thing just upsets all in the house. How do you think about work when this stuff goes on and of course there's Jon's wife to think about, it's hit her hard so he can't just ignore that and crack on with work.

As mimo said, real problems, real life... I'm sure the devs making stuff will put out gear as and when it's worth it but we must as customers realise it's bloody hard for the devs at the moment, some are looking at 2, 3 even 4 years before some products become viable....No fun..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, STLRunner said:

@tf_hh I notice that the various RAM upgrade options are out of stock at Vintage Computer Center. Is there anywhere else that 512K SRAM MEMORY EXPANSION V4.4 or SYS-CHECK V2.2 STANDARD (FOR XL AND XE) can be purchased? I live in the US and would rather not join ABBUC. Thank you.

Please look at my signature, there´s a link to my info PDF. It contains all info you need to order and get in touch with me. Same address since 15 years.

The VCC get approx 2 or 3 times a year a delivery of items from me. When these are gone, you´re still able to order directly from me. The costs are mostly exact the same. As a private hobby tinkerer I haven´t the capacity to produce huge batches in a short time - otherwise due to shipping costs and custom fees it´s not reliable so sent small batches to VCC (or Gavin would raise prices much more).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, venom4728a said:

I emailed TF_HH a couple of weeks ago, he said he had some of the memory expansions but had not assembled them yet.  I asked him to let me know when they would be available but have not heard anything yet.

Such comments are a little bit unfair. You´ve sent an email dated 10/18 with an inquiry. My respond was on the same day informing you, that I´m infected with Covid-19 and my whole family lay sick in bed. I´m negative tested since one week and all hobby actions are "on hold". I´m still not fully recovered and several real-life problems occured due this shit.

So I´m very sorry, that I can´t do magic here.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

I have messaged him twice and I haven't received a reply. I also emailed Vintage Computer Center and received no reply. It seems that everybody is out of everything and they don't want to talk to customers.

I got ONE message:

image.png.8a02c15547db9401f3f70f77d063136a.png

It´s 4 days old and a long (public holidays were here in Germany) weekend was between. I´m so sorry that I can´t respond faster.

Such comments are surely best way to support some hobby tinkerers in the community 😞

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about the COVID, I hope you and the family have recovered fully, I would not wish COVID long on anyone, it's miserable as sin.

You would have thought that with all the holdbacks that COVID has caused, that people would be used to waiting a little longer, I know I have, and it's not an issue for me. I'm just happy that I will get the item when it's available. You could say it's AliExpress mentality, you know it's going to take time, but it will get there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tf_hh said:

Such comments are a little bit unfair. You´ve sent an email dated 10/18 with an inquiry. My respond was on the same day informing you, that I´m infected with Covid-19 and my whole family lay sick in bed. I´m negative tested since one week and all hobby actions are "on hold". I´m still not fully recovered and several real-life problems occured due this shit.

So I´m very sorry, that I can´t do magic here.

I was not trying to cause any problems for you or anyone else.  I did not want to share that you had mentioned you had covid(maybe you didn't want that information shared). I knew you were/are sick and maybe could not respond.

I was only letting the other person "HueyJones70" know that I had recently heard from you, and that you did have some but they were not assembled yet.  

Edited by venom4728a
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:14 AM, tf_hh said:

Please look at my signature, there´s a link to my info PDF. It contains all info you need to order and get in touch with me. Same address since 15 years.

The VCC get approx 2 or 3 times a year a delivery of items from me. When these are gone, you´re still able to order directly from me. The costs are mostly exact the same. As a private hobby tinkerer I haven´t the capacity to produce huge batches in a short time - otherwise due to shipping costs and custom fees it´s not reliable so sent small batches to VCC (or Gavin would raise prices much more).

Firstly, sorry about your family's COVID situation. I am wishing a speedy recovery for everyone.

I did see the PDF but I completely missed the part where you request contact. I was expecting a web store and couldn't find it hence my post on here. Would have loved the 512KB SRAM but have ordered the Ultimate 1MB 😒 Sorry that I am not very observant.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:22 AM, tf_hh said:

I´m infected with Covid-19 and my whole family lay sick in bed. I´m negative tested since one week and all hobby actions are "on hold". I´m still not fully recovered and several real-life problems occured due this shit.

Heal up buddy!

Not sure how many times you have had Covid but I know several people who have had long term effects. My own sister required a cardiac ablation months after Covid infection. Take your time and get well. We all appreciate what you do here, truly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ArtiFX said:

Hi, I developed a case for self-printing on a 3D printer for the XE version. Design available on Thinkiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5646730

Comes out looking great, what are you using for your heat sets?

needs a couple of tiny tweaks,

topside cartridge Tabs are needed for Atari Brown carts and others.

ECI-CART support fence needs to be closer to syscheck PCB, mine can't fully insert making the syscheck fall out easily. (so very close)

PBI output side situation worse as the MIO header needs to be able to seat and can't.

image.thumb.png.bebb75ec57ed0ea705afe880b8f48b71.png

red cut back on left and right make long runs shallow between or move to green pcb and not on/covering fingers (MIO headers etc just can't attach otherwise)

move eci/cart fence to slightly towards blue (some variance between XE's)

image.png.6f25c7aecc43f96db33c3285863bd29a.png

cart interlock tabs go on both side of cart slot (blue lines) (Atari Brown carts etc can't insert without them or twiddling to defeat)

Not sure how warm things will get in the summer so it's okay to leave spots for some air flow in the tunnel or elsewhere.

• Like 2

final note, bottom half rear edge of tunnel needs a cut out for ribbon cable of pbi out to route, otherwise the d*mn cable gets in the way as well and if you flatten the cable against the header it damages the ancient cable a bit.

It's very nice, the shakedown just revealed what is needed to make it great. You've just about got it nailed down.

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Comes out looking great, what are you using for your heat sets?

needs a couple of tiny tweaks,

topside cartridge Tabs are needed for Atari Brown carts and others.

ECI-CART support fence needs to be closer to syscheck PCB, mine can't fully insert making the syscheck fall out easily. (so very close)

PBI output side situation worse as the MIO header needs to be able to seat and can't.

image.thumb.png.bebb75ec57ed0ea705afe880b8f48b71.png

red cut back on left and right make long runs shallow between or move to green pcb and not on/covering fingers (MIO headers etc just can't attach otherwise)

move eci/cart fence to slightly towards blue (some variance between XE's)

image.png.6f25c7aecc43f96db33c3285863bd29a.png

cart interlock tabs go on both side of cart slot (blue lines) (Atari Brown carts etc can't insert without them or twiddling to defeat)

Not sure how warm things will get in the summer so it's okay to leave spots for some air flow in the tunnel or elsewhere.

Thank you for your valuable comments. I use sys-check only for increased RAM, haven't had a chance to test with other connections.

But on the PBI-computer side I didn't notice any problems, the housing sits firmly and securely.

Edited by ArtiFX

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, macsonny said:

Is there going to be a new batch any time soon?

Currently I´m not working in batch-mode due to the lack of time and not constant demand of projects. But orders can be assembled and shipped out in a few days. So just please get in touch by email.

• 1 month later...