IGNORED

hilarious intellivision listing on kijiji

An ok collection I guess but certainly not even close to his claim of, and I quote:

"Quite possibly North americas largest collection of intellivision video games and consoles,

this collection has been in the making for over 30+ years complete with, very rare games."

scanned through to see if there were any I need, nada.

Pretty sure most people on here have a better collection than this"

but hey, it's only $3500 :grin:

http://m.kijiji.ca/video-games-consoles-other/city-of-toronto/massive-intellivision-1-2-3-collection-rare-vintage/v?adId=1154916465&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1460292747186

Well a boxed ECS Synthesizer recently sold for US$130 (the ad says its worth $500). It also claims that Scooby Doo has sold for $500. The collection could be 3x or 4x overvalued. According to the ad it might end up on ebay. It now says "Quite possibly Toronto's largest collection of intellivision video games and consoles".

Hello guys i am the owner of this collection and as i stated in my post on this forum, i dont know anything about this collection i just inherited it from my brother in law, if I offended anybody by the prices I stated I am sorry I am only going by the prices that I saw on eBay and currently there is a Scooby Doo game being sold for $700 in package and there is only one synthesizer that I saw on there and it is being sold for 350 US dollars and I am from Canada so that is about $500 again sorry if I don't really know my stuff I am just going on what I have been told I am willing to sell the entire collection for a good price make me an offer

I believe they are using non-selling asking prices from eBay, not completed listings. There are some good/rare items in there for sure, but for a seasoned collector it's a bit overpriced. That said, considering the time and effort I've put into my personal collection, I'd probably value it higher than its actual market value. I've only been collecting for the last 5ish years, but pretty hardcore for most of that time. If I were getting paid hourly....yikes.

Hello guys i am the owner of this collection and as i stated in my post on this forum, i dont know anything about this collection i just inherited it from my brother in law, if I offended anybody by the prices I stated I am sorry I am only going by the prices that I saw on eBay and currently there is a Scooby Doo game being sold for $700 in package and there is only one synthesizer that I saw on there and it is being sold for 350 US dollars and I am from Canada so that is about $500 again sorry if I don't really know my stuff I am just going on what I have been told I am willing to sell the entire collection for a good price make me an offer

You do have some good items in there. Parting it out would get you your best return, especially with games like Mountain Madness Skiing, Worm Whomper, Dig Dug to name a few. I'm sure there are some collectors here who would make you some offers. Congrats on a fine inheritance, by the way! You should keep it and play some of the games ;-) We love the Intellivision around these parts :D

When looking at eBay prices, make sure to look at what items have actually sold for instead of looking at what prices sellers are asking for. Some sellers post a high price and then their item never sells.

For Intellivision, ignore anything that is VGA graded. That is just some seller trolling for foolish buyers that rarely show up. Most of the people on this forum ignore that seller. Unfortunately, these kinds of sellers tend to get other seller's hopes up, especially sellers who are new to Intellivision.

There are 3 main price levels for each game:

"Sealed" - This means that the _original_ factory plastic wrap is still surrounding a unopened box ("VGA Graded" just means someone slapped a plastic case around a game at his house). Sealed games command the highest prices.

"CIB" - This means "Complete In Box". The game box has been opened and likely played but all the parts are there. With Intellivision, there typically are 4 parts to look for: the box, the manual, the cartridge, and in most cases the 2 overlays. Most Intellivision games shipped with 2 plastic-sheet inserts that slid over the joysticks' numeric keypad (these are called the overlays). You may have to do some research on which games shipped with the overlays and which did not. Maybe someone here has a handy list. CIB games get the middle price point.

"Loose" - This just means that somone is selling the cartridge by itself or with only some of the parts. This is the lowest price point.

Other factors affect the price, of course, but as long as the game does not look like the dog chewed on the box or it was run over by a car, knowing Sealed vs CIB vs Loose will get you close to what the true value is worth.

Keep in mind that selling a large collection will get you less money than if you sold the games 1-by-1. This is because buyers expect a deal for buying games in bulk. What you lose in selling price, you gain in time not spent on photographing every single game, typing up an eBay listing, dealing with shipping, dealing with fees, and trying to unload the part of the collection that is only worth a few bucks (some games are valuable, others are not).

I know this doesn't give you a simple dollar value for your collection, but I hope it helps.

Unfortunately this collection doesn't include most of the rarest 10-15 games, starting with Spiker, LF 1 and 2, SMB, Congo, Tut, Super Cobra, Body Slam, World Series, Turbo, Fathom, etc. I'd be hard pressed to see someone pay $1000 for this.

Unfortunately this collection doesn't include most of the rarest 10-15 games, starting with Spiker, LF 1 and 2, SMB, Congo, Tut, Super Cobra, Body Slam, World Series, Turbo, Fathom, etc. I'd be hard pressed to see someone pay $1000 for this.

Be careful, or BBWW will call you out for double-posting in different threads.

Edited by Eric7100
  • Like 1