IGNORED

I spotted Gameboy Gargoyle's Quest for $35 .... good?

Wow!

I had no idea that game had gotten so expensive!

Sorry, I'm not much help in knowing its value...I bought it back in the day...And then it became the first Japanese game I ever bought when I saw it for around $10 at Buy Back Games in Denver. This was in '94...So I actually have both. I always thought it was a very decent game but very hard. Or maybe I just suck at it LOL. I'm thinking the reason I bought it in the first place was because of an ad in a comic book showing off what I thought were some pretty amazing graphics for a Gameboy.

I'll try and throw in a pic (not to be jerk) but for historical context...

Man times change eh?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/gallery_ips/gallery/album_1640/gallery_45412_1640_1499238.jpg

Wow!

I had no idea that game had gotten so expensive!

I bought it back in the day...

Same here. I had it back when it came out, then re-bought it when I got my GBA in ~2001/02 at which point it was quite cheap. I think I even got a CIB copy but not positive about that. I feel like this game is only expensive now because of Demon's Crest and how expensive it is.

• Like 1

Same here. I had it back when it came out, then re-bought it when I got my GBA in ~2001/02 at which point it was quite cheap. I think I even got a CIB copy but not positive about that. I feel like this game is only expensive now because of Demon's Crest and how expensive it is.

I'm sure you're right...I always wanted Demon's Crest, but could never afford it.

There is one more thing you might take into consideration here and that is how well you like your local game store....Myself, I am all about shopping locally if possible. There's not too many choices around here, but figure you'll save shipping, you won't have to wait, and if you like the store and its people you might want to throw some support their way and help them stay in business...Even if it means spending a few extra dollars sometimes...

There is one more thing you might take into consideration here and that is how well you like your local game store....Myself, I am all about shopping locally if possible. There's not too many choices around here, but figure you'll save shipping, you won't have to wait, and if you like the store and its people you might want to throw some support their way and help them stay in business...Even if it means spending a few extra dollars sometimes...

Probably not a popular opinion, but I think that game stores are "part of the problem" when it comes to the current state of the retrogaming economy, so I am not one to pay their inflated prices. I stick to buying from and selling to individuals on the forums.

Jibbajaba, on 11 Apr 2016 - 3:52 PM, said:

Probably not a popular opinion, but I think that game stores are "part of the problem" when it comes to the current state of the retrogaming economy, so I am not one to pay their inflated prices. I stick to buying from and selling to individuals on the forums.

I hear you. That's why I said "how well you like your game store" ..Or "if", I guess would be a better way to put it...If they're all about inflated prices and treat you like crap I'd go elsewhere, on the other hand if they're a mom and pop shop (or equivalent) sometimes they're worth supporting...It really depends on who they are and where you're at. The "Wal-Mart effect" is felt much more in smaller places than in big cities, for instance... My point mainly being that you may always trade on the internet, but you won't always have a game store around.

I have bought a few items through internet contacts in the past, but honestly most of my transactions were through ebay or Gamegavel...But I'm fairly new to Atari Age (Even though I should have been here a long time ago) so buying from individuals on forums is something I bet I do a lot more of in the future...

Weird thing is around here (I'm in Cheyenne, WY FWIW) there are now pawnshops selling Retro stuff at collector prices...About 10-12 years ago, when I really got into adding to my collections for stuff like NES, Genesis, SNES etc...They didn't always have much but it was all very cheap and they acted like they couldn't give it away. Now they say they can't keep it on the shelves! I asked 3 pawn shops about it. I've wondered if more people are really into the hobby, or if people are just buying stuff to flip on ebay...(And sell back to people like me LOL)...

• Like 1

It does seem like GB games are a bit more mercurial than others, and like if you wait maybe a deal will come along...A while back when everyone was "Back-Lighting" their GameBoys, it seems like prices jumped up a bit, not locally, but on Ebay...Then again that's just casual observation, not like I have my finger on the pulse of the nation...

Yup! That is the trend lately, just like NES Super C is now worth $40+ when it was a $5 common all day for decades, lol

One of the first posts I ever made here was a FS thread, in which I was selling a loose NES Metroid cart for $5. Someone actually took issue with this because I guess it should have been $3. How times have changed.

• Like 1

One of the first posts I ever made here was a FS thread, in which I was selling a loose NES Metroid cart for $5. Someone actually took issue with this because I guess it should have been $3. How times have changed.

lol, yeah, even metroid one of the all time best selling NES games is $25 now

• Like 1

Now I know you're only asking $3....but I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give ya $5 LOL