IGNORED

Hurray! My Games Arrived and They're Shrink Wrapped!

ValkerieSilk

You can buy a shrink wrap machine for $40. I think it's super cool that they came shink wrapped. Total surprise when I opened the box. But that didn't stop me from tearing them open with a smile on my face like I was 12 years old and I just got home from Gemco with a new game!

Basically what I'm saying is, I think it's cool they are shrink wrapped, but I think there is a huge difference from a homebrew game in 2016 being "NIB" and a game from 1983 being "NIB."

I'd buy a second copy if it was a special edition or something different, but not for plastic wrap.

• Like 5

I just ordered HangOn tonight.

ColecoVision doesn't have enough racers as it is, so this is must have.

Especially from the king of racers - SEGA.

Those boxes look beautiful by the way.

Btw-whats the proper way to open a game box?

I open from the top and try not to make any creases but its basically impossible. :P

• Like 1

You should always search on Youtube for gameplay videos.

I did, it came up empty as well. "Google", when I mention it like this, refers to Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and in this case, Youtube and Vimeo as well. I try to be thorough.

Problem is, I know this is a conversion, but I don't think there is a video of it playing on actual Coleco hardware (does it really look identical to the MSX version?).

If you look again at some MSX and SG1000 Hang-On videos on YouTube, you'll see subtle differences such as a deeper blue sky and whatnot compared to the other platform.

in fact, as soon as I hear about a new CV title, I immediately search for it on YouTube, chances are it's usually an MSX game thats been converted over. ;)

Yeah, should have mentioned that on ports of games from systems like the SG-1000 or MSX, you will have to watch existing videos for those systems until someone has a chance to post a ColecoVision specific video. For the most part, you will be able to see what the CV version of the game will look, sound and play like unless the programmer/porter made some changes/improvements.

I just ordered HangOn tonight.

ColecoVision doesn't have enough racers as it is, so this is must have.

Especially from the king of racers - SEGA.

Those boxes look beautiful by the way.

Btw-whats the proper way to open a game box?

I open from the top and try not to make any creases but its basically impossible. :P

I use a round edged tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which has no blade. I slide it under each side of the top flap, carefully apply upward pressure until the little side flaps inside the box let go, and no creases are made. Sometimes, I need to slightly move the corners of the box diagonally so the flaps let go without bending. I meant to make a video a while back for anyone interested in keeping their homebrew boxes mint.

• Like 1

Wow thats a damn good way to go about opening these boxes then. I was possibly thinking of a letter opener but your way sounds pretty good. Guess i need to head to the store after work and get me one of these for when HangOn arrives. Thanks!

I use a round edged tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which has no blade. I slide it under each side of the top flap, carefully apply upward pressure until the little side flaps inside the box let go, and no creases are made. Sometimes, I need to slightly move the corners of the box diagonally so the flaps let go without bending. I meant to make a video a while back for anyone interested in keeping their homebrew boxes mint.

• Like 1

I do something similar or you'll always create a wrinkle on the flap. I tend not to close it completely once opened this way.

• Like 1