IGNORED

Which is one video game console that you do not own but wish you did?

Hey gang!! Which video game console is it that you are missing, wanting, or do not own in your library or game room that you would like to own and have it centerpieced? I have over 35 systems with a few modded xboxes plus a modded wii drowning me with tons of emulators and roms. But for a console that I would love to own. I got everything that I primarily want. But one that stands out as a must have for me to get in the future would be the Vectrex. I enjoy the arcade classics with vector based graphics. The controller is really cool and reminds me of the NES, Master System, 7800 (CX7800), and Turbo Grafx-16. I also like is that it's somewhat compact and if I get one, I can put it on a nightstand. And lastly from what I've heard others mention is they praise it for it's durability. Time is all yours!

• Like 6

Same here, Vectrex. I had a decent little Vectrex collection, but sold it to I think icbrkr in 2008. Never got one again, sadly.

I sold mine about 8 years ago as well and regret it to this day, it was MINT. =(

I'd have to say the Sega CDX and Neo Geo AES are the next consoles I don't own yet that i'd love to own soon =)

• Like 1

For me it's a front lit Game Boy Color. It's the last console that I've wanted to get for years but never picked up. I have an original un-modded Game Boy Color and I adore it, but I've yet to drop the cash for one with the front light from an AGS-001 Game Boy Advance SP installed in it. I think just having a light source to illuminate the screen built into the system rather than having to use a Nyko Worm Light every time I want to play the system anywhere other than outside on a sunny day or sitting right under a lamp will increase my enjoyment of the system tenfold.

• Like 2

I'd like an Amiga CD32--but not enough to actually pay for one ;)

I've never played an amiga, and there are a lot of games on it that I'm kind of missing out on.

I'd start with Frontier, Super Skidmarks or banshee.

There aren't too many other consoles left for me. I don't have a Marty, GX4000, super a'can, etc--but those seem a lot easier to live without.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I didn't know of the Zemmix. Nice machine!

In the same vein (and I'm amazed there wasn't a million of them) there is the ALF TV GAME.

Made in Belarus around 1993; it's a ZX Spectrum console. OH YEAH.

maxresdefault.jpg

485746860.jpg

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

The ones I expect to actually own in the fairly near future:

A Neo-geo pocket color (this one just got on my radar, and the surprisingly reasonable prices put it early on the pickup list)

An original Xbox (no rush, more of a 'when it happens' kind of thing)

A Yurkie-modded Colecovision (my next big save-up purchase, and collecting goal for the year)

The ones I desperately want, but don't expect to own anytime soon:

A Vectrex (like everyone else, I adore the vector graphics, but I simply don't have the space for one- YET :) )

A Goddamn Sega Saturn (this has been on the want list since I was about 12... but by the time I was making my own money, the games had jumped in price to outside my range. I still want it, I just doubt I'll ever be able to afford to build a library for it)

• Like 2

A Goddamn Sega Saturn (this has been on the want list since I was about 12... but by the time I was making my own money, the games had jumped in price to outside my range. I still want it, I just doubt I'll ever be able to afford to build a library for it)

You do know that with a modchip and a region free BIOS you can get by ..... or for many games (but not all) just PseudoSaturn installed on an AR/MemCardPlus

[it bypasses both region and original checks .... but a few games have issues, still you may get a sense of what you're getting into before plunging in head first and shell the dough for originals like PDS :) ].

I'd like an Amiga CD32--but not enough to actually pay for one ;)

I've never played an amiga, and there are a lot of games on it that I'm kind of missing out on.

I'd start with Frontier, Super Skidmarks or banshee.

There aren't too many other consoles left for me. I don't have a Marty, GX4000, super a'can, etc--but those seem a lot easier to live without.

What are you missing?

I believe I am in the same boat wrt consoles I care for, namely I'm almost done, but I do have Marty, GX4000, CD32 but no super a'can, pippin, and miss "few" 8 bits (gosh I cannot get myself to even buy an INTV but I do have a Coleco).

For example I got nothing built before 1980 (I get my VCS fix if I need to via a 7800, and I do not need much of it) as I can't really stand them too much and even the 8bits of the 80s' (Coleco, 7800, NES, SMS, XEGS) are getting on my nerves more often that not (too many limitations, and although I love the ingenuity of those programmers there's very few games I feel like replaying and for those emulators have come a very long way).

But I do swear by the PCE ... got 2 of them.

Actually I am at a point I may want to start shedding my collection/hoard/loot given many consoles are sitting there and I don't have much interest in playing them anymore (Marty, and CD32 come to mind although even my Vectrex is not getting much love).

• Like 1

I used to say Vectrex. I found a used one in nice shape on Craigslist about a year ago. $160 US... and worth every penny!

Every retro gamer should have one.

I am not sure owning is the right word, but for sure every retro gamer should have a chance to experience it.

It is a piece of conversation, but in all truth whenever I bring it out it gets 20/30mins of play and then it's back to old business.

It may be because its games are as arcade as they get so expecting to play one game for hours on end on a single play is madness. Those games were brutal, you'll die/fail and a lot so one needs to get used to that. Hence they lend themselves to relatively quick sessions. I went with a multicart for it (no flashcart) and got my fix, I know there's quite the homebrew scene but the 72-in-1 was enough for me (I actually contacted Dundzila to get an empty Vec cart shell for the 72-in-1 [could only buy the bare PCB version] and he sent one over, like 3Y ago or something)

• Like 1

Epoch Super Cassette Vision the games look nice (never seen one in person)

In a relatively short time frame, I've acquired two Super Cassette Vision consoles: a loose Yeno (French) and a boxed Epoch (Japanese) plus ten loose games of which one is a duplicate. That amounts to about 1/3 of the entire library. So far the games vary in playability, and the claim of 128 sprites on screen (of which 7-8 per raster line) hasn't impressed me beyond the balloon demo that runs without a cartridge plugged in. The resolution and colour palette are a little on the low side compared to both SG-1000 and in particular the Famicom which both were released a year earlier. I've never seen or played Atari 7800 so I can't compare.

But yes, sometimes you can find the SCV cheap on eBay from Japan, because it is an obscure system very few bother to collect for and the common titles also can be had for relatively low amounts if you keep your cool. Some of the more hard to find games however seem to run into serious money, so a wide price spread.

Vectrex is probably the coolest console I own, get one if you don't have one! ;) I was in your guys' shoes a couple years ago, it's a special console for sure and certainly worth owning. :thumbsup:

Anyways, to pick one I don't own.. I'd love to have an MSX, although that's a computer, It's got great games, graphics and sound. MSX2 = even better.

If I had to pick a console though, I'd go with the Sega Master System.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 2

Man I completed my system wants when I got my PC Engine Duo, I really am left with no kingdoms to conquer (in a good way, it's a nice feeling in a way as you just...play!).

I guess I'd like to own a Neo Geo AES. I mean, I'll never put the money into that to get it done, but I'd like to own one. Maybe someday I can trade for one or something.

• Like 2