IGNORED

Atari 7800 Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

vectrexroli

Cause God forbid that a beta tester gives you feedback on something instead of having to spend your money blindly. :ponder:

The update was nice but I think the rule is if you have something other can't yet get you should not use the words be patient and you didn't mention the fact you have a prototype and people got excited me included . With that being said its not a big deal, I was just giving you a hard time. I am probably still bitter from when the youtubers where going on about how awesome the rift was and I had just gotten an email that mine would be delayed 2 months.

Edited by jrose78

The update was nice but I think the rule is if you have something other can't yet get you should not use the words be patient and you didn't mention the fact you have a prototype and people got excited me included . With that being said its not a big deal, I was just giving you a hard time. I am probably still bitter from when the youtubers where going on about how awesome the rift was and I had just gotten an email that mine would be delayed 2 months.

One silly question.....didn't you read Juan's post?????

I am like Roland a tester.......you should be happy...

that Juan's multicart will be released.Think about this....Juan has also a job......and I only post something

with Juan's permission.Hope you understand.Juan ALONE....

this means only JUAN will announce the release date.

But some guys like you do not understand.....? Juan wants

to sell a perfect cart.....so you should give him the time he needs.

Harmony Concerto is in development too...but it is done....when FRED announce it.....

And mostly non active guys come with silly posts...instead of being active in the forum.....

Greetings Walter

Guys, what I showed on my channel was an early prerelease, I made that clear also in the video and it says that also in the first post.

When I show something like that it means that item is not ready yet. Why do I still show stuff early whenever I get a prerelease version? So that you know about upcoming projects.

Sorry in case that was still confusing for some of you.

• Like 3

Gambler172, Vectrexroli, don't worry, you are doing a good job. Some people didn't look carefully enough, got excited and had a hard time dealing with the dissapointment. Jrose78 kind of admitted that that was the case.

Lots of people are doing lots of stuff for the community out of love for the hobby. Unfortunately some others treat them like they commisioned the developers to develop something and paid them a lot of money up front. Like they are yelling at some huge company. I see it on most retrogaming forums and it still amazes me.

• Like 2

Guys, what I showed on my channel was an early prerelease, I made that clear also in the video and it says that also in the first post.

When I show something like that it means that item is not ready yet. Why do I still show stuff early whenever I get a prerelease version? So that you know about upcoming projects.

Sorry in case that was still confusing for some of you.

You just can't please some people. Laugh them off, it's really all you can do. Took me a REAL long time to learn that lesson myself.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 1

disclaimer on my part

I never said it should be out now

I never said anyone owes me anything

I was clear that it was not out until someone posted that they had one without mentioning it was a pre release.

I do not think a big company is behind this. Why would I think that.

I love you guys ... well except shawn and gambler172 ;-) .

disclaimer on my part

I never said it should be out now

I never said anyone owes me anything

I was clear that it was not out until someone posted that they had one without mentioning it was a pre release.

I do not think a big company is behind this. Why would I think that.

I love you guys ... well except shawn and gambler172 ;-) .

Oh I can live without your love

You should better try to become a

good member of the community

greetings Walter

• Like 1

Yes, I will do my best. One step at a time. Maybe for your part you can better work become nice person?

14 posts in, and making lots of friends already.

how about you stop lecturing people and just wait untilt he product is released like everybody else, ok pumpkin?

• Like 2

ahhh its 15 and I didn't know we were whipping out our post counts. I will stop posting to this thread as this is all to easy to derail and that is not my intent .

I am going to whip out post count on you shortly.

• Like 2

VectrexRoli,

Don't stop doing pre-release videos!

I see you wrote and said and show it is number 1.

But crazy retro-gamers forget pre-release when at the 7min mark you say, "If you like what you see here you can order your own" at Juan's website here or at the link in the description and see his other products and check on his prices.

That's for the future when watchers will want to go get one.

We hear that and get stupid. :)

• Like 1

Give gambler172 credit. He also used his free time to test my Draker Quest game which was no easy task- that was a big game to test. Give us developers/programmers time to make sure we get rid of the bugs/glitches. In other words, make sure you're wearing your BIG BOY PANTS.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news: the card is now ready after a lot of testing with different console models (PAL, NTSC and SECAM).

The instructions to use the card are:

1. Get the rom file that you want to burn. It must be a raw rom (without header), and the extension of the file name must indicate which bank switching scheme it uses. The card is compatible with all the bank switching schemes listed below (please, notice that all the letters in the extension file names must be uppercased). As the most popular format for Atari 7800's roms is A78 (that includes a 128 bytes header), I have deployed a service at http://vectrex.hackermesh.org/a7800converter/ that helps to remove the header (in this page you will also find a list of the bank switching scheme used by each game), or you can just remove the header with an Hexadecimal editor like HxD.
    • .8K for 8kB games, like Color Selector Demo
    • .16K for 16kB games, like Centipede
    • .32K for 32kB games, like Pole Position II
    • .32P for 32kB games, that use the POKEY sound IC like Ballblazer.
    • .48K for 48kB games, like Donkey Kong
    • .SG for 128kB games that use the standard bank switching scheme of eight 16kB banks, like Xenophobe.
    • .SGR for 128kB games that use the standard bank switching scheme of eight 16kB banks and additional RAM, like Jinks.
    • .SGP for 128kB games that use the standard bank switching scheme of eight 16kB banks and POKEY sound IC, like Commando.
    • .S9 for 144kB games (use the size slide switch to select 144k in step 3), like Alien Brigade.
    • .S4 for 64kB games that use the standard bank switching scheme of four 16kB banks, like Karateka (PAL).
    • .S4R for 64kB games that use the standard bank switching scheme of four 16kB banks and additional RAM, like Tower Toppler.
    • .AB for F-18 Hornet.
    • .AC for Activision's games Double Dragon and Rampage.
  2. Use the rotary switch to select the slot in which you want to burn the rom.
  3. Use the slide switch to choose between up to 128 kBytes roms or 144 kBytes roms. When you select 144 kBytes, the slot selected in previous step will merge with the opposite slot; for example, if you had selected slot 0, it would be merged with slot 8.
  4. Carefully insert the card into the burner matching the X's and O's rows. There is a small horizontal gap between the card and the burner socket; please try to align the contacts precisely.
  5. Plug the burner into a free USB port on your PC. The operating system will detect the burner as an empty disk drive with 256 kBytes of free space. If the drive contains a file named game.bin, this means that the burner has not detected the card properly (probably the contacts are not properly aligned). The file indexing feature of some operating systems, like Windows 10 and MacOS X, automatically creates hidden folders/files in all disk drives. These folders/files could fool the burner preventing the rom from working properly in your console; please apply the workarounds explained in the FAQ section of my web site.
  6. Drag the rom file onto the burner drive. The saving operation will take only a few seconds.
  7. Safely eject the burner from your PC.
  8. Extract the card from the burner.
  9. Plug the card into your Atari 7800 console with the "Label Side" (and rotary switch) facing the back of the console.
  10. Turn on your console and enjoy.

57612fc09a0ce.png

The card includes a socket for the POKEY chip, but the chip itself it not included (I have tested it using cannibalized ones from cards like Ballblazer).

The card cannot be easily fitted inside a standard Atari 7800 card (sorry). I will try to desing a 3d printed compatible case.

Finally, I didn't include any 2600 compatibility.... although I'm working in an Atari 2600 similar card.

If you already own a burner, it will probably need a firmware upgrade to use this card (please, contact me to find out).

I have built a small batch and the price is 34€ for each card (take into account that the burner is also needed (24€) and that the shipping cost is 6.55€).

Please, if you are intested, use the contact form in my web site (I use an ERP system to manage quotes and shipping).

I want to thank Vectrexroli, Gambler172, and many others who have helped me to reach this aim.

I want also to thank all atariage members for you patience. I love you ALL, and also all the retrocomputer community.

unoparatodas.jpg

Edited by jfmateos
  • Like 1