IGNORED

Intellivision Miner 2049er

I read it on the internet:

https://youtu.be/bufTna0WArc

I was posting on the Intellivision version, not the Atari and this is an Intellivision forum and game we were discussing.

I never owed it for the Atari because I chose the better system with WAY better graphics but mostly for the awesome sports title. :)

Edited by wolfy62

Claiming the Intellivision generally has better graphics than Atari 8-bit computers is a bit bold, but I won't start an argument about it. ;)

Instead of skipping levels, I think level codes that you type in with the keypad is to prefer. Of course you could have a super code like the phone number that lets you select level freely too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can already play on a dozen other systems, so shouldn't be a priority. (apologize for the poor phrasing), but does it have to be a priority? Not saying I won't purchase when it becomes available… just saying. :lol:

Before yet another re-hash of a re-hash of a re-hash on dozens of other systems, would rather see:

Zookeeper

KAOS

Food Fight

Black Widow

Bagman

…some rarely seen/played great old arcade games. Oh and did I mention Bagman yet? :lol:

• Like 1

Can already play on a dozen other systems, so shouldn't be a priority. Not saying I won't purchase when it becomes available… just saying. :lol:

Before yet another re-hash of a re-hash of a re-hash on dozens of other systems, would rather see:

Zookeeper

KAOS

Food Fight

Black Widow

Bagman

…some rarely seen/played great old arcade games. Oh and did I mention Bagman yet? :lol:

Ok, then program Bagman for the Intellivision! ;-)

• Like 1

Ok, then program Bagman for the Intellivision! ;-)

Fan yourself? Love me some Bagman!

Point is, would rather see someone license something like this than to pursue and try to hire a programmer for a game where we've already been and gone there. On systems that have done and are currently doing that! :lol:

Fan yourself? Love me some Bagman!

Point is, would rather see someone license something like this than to pursue and try to hire a programmer for a game where we've already been and gone there. On systems that have done and are currently doing that! :lol:

ColecoVision has a nice Bagman, though I hear it's got collision issues. (I bought it, but haven't played it yet.)

Zookeeper

KAOS

Food Fight

Black Widow

Bagman

From your list, I think that the Inty could do a good version of KAOS, but jeez it looks rough from the youtube video I've seen. Bagman is also a possibility, but its levels would look too compressed vertically in my opinion. As for the rest of the list, I don't think the Inty could do them justice.

From your list, I think that the Inty could do a good version of KAOS, but jeez it looks rough from the youtube video I've seen. Bagman is also a possibility, but its levels would look too compressed vertically in my opinion. As for the rest of the list, I don't think the Inty could do them justice.

I seem to recall a "Food Fight"-inspired title released sometime ago by an industrious little bug. :)

-dZ.

P.S. Also, I think it was retrollucid that created mock-ups of Bagman screens for Intellivision.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I seem to recall a "Food Fight"-inspired title released sometime ago by an industrious little bug. :)

It was more "Fast Food" inspired than Food Fight. Food Fight has quite a few moving sprites.

P.S. Also, I think it was retrollucid that created mock-ups of Bagman screens for Intellivision.

Yep! He did, its here.

Yep. this is "Fast food" on the 2600 :-

This is Food fight on the 7800 :-

OMG! I recall Food Fight on the arcade! I used to play that!

(checks MAME ROM lists.. yes! got it!)

Thanks for that. :)

ColecoVision has a nice Bagman, though I hear it's got collision issues. (I bought it, but haven't played it yet.)

Not everyone seemed to feel the same way, of course, but several mentioned this. When I got it and first played, I had a hell of time with going up or down ladders. That gaming session didn't last long and I haven't played it since. It was extremely annoying.

Not everyone seemed to feel the same way, of course, but several mentioned this. When I got it and first played, I had a hell of time with going up or down ladders. That gaming session didn't last long and I haven't played it since. It was extremely annoying.

Reading through that thread at the time, my impression was that those who played the game for enjoyment complained about the collision and controls; and the rest tried to ameliorate their complaints by saying things like "that's as good as it gets with a 8K, what do you expect," or "it looks great anyway, don't listen to the complainers"; or something like that.

In other words, there were those who reported bugs, and there were those who defended the bugs. I don't recall many people (if any) actually claiming it was bug free.

Kinda sounds like the Intellivision community, now that I think about it. :lol:

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I used to like Miner 2049er and Archon BITD on the C64. Hopefully a programmer can be lined up for this as I thought it was a fun game. Can anyone chime in on if Archon can be done properly on the inty in the future and if there is any interest in that one? I always liked Archon a lot.

Archon would translate fairly well to the Intellivision, in my opinion. You'd have to make a few compromises on the graphics, but it could be done decently. I hacked together a bunch of the sprites a couple of years ago and you can make them surprisingly good. After all, monochrome sprites are what the Intellivision excels at! For the battle screens, it would look almost pixel-perfect to the C64. Add in 16-way controls and I think it would be arguably BETTER.

The characters are 16 pixels high, and you have 9 rows of them - but they use the "half-height" pixels that the Intellivision can use with sprites. The only problem is, in order to display the entire playfield you'd have to be displaying the characters as background cards, and you can't use the half-height trick with those. So the chessboard screen would look lower resolution, unfortunately. And you couldn't do the black character outline either.