IGNORED

Madhatter667's NES/Famicom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodies that showed up in the mail today:

Joy Mech Fight, Galaxian, Star Wars, Strider. Galaxian is an excellent port, though I need to tack down the top label with some glue (labels less than perfect, but was cheap). Joy Mech Fight is stupid, stupid fun, and Star Wars in both fun, and silly. Strider NES seems very different than its arcade counterpart.

post-5805-0-23694800-1463303760_thumb.jpg

Edited by madhatter667
  • Like 1

Awesome!

I got a bit of a collection myself...I think I got one quick pic of some of the highlights... (Gotta get some sleep so can't get into it too much right now, but...)

I'm still kind of new to this gallery thing too ;-)

gallery_45412_1640_152182.jpg

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 1

Hey, you have some nice pirates in there (Flintstones, Zombie Nation, Panic Restaurant). I can't read your green carts) , and your Recca repro looks like what I would envision to replace my pirate cart (translucent blue, or maybe a clear shell would look cool). There's nothing functionally wrong with mine, just that the label is gross. Waited three weeks back in the day for that title to arrive from Argentina. Man that was a long wait! Lol. Over Horizon is a fun one. Got a repro of that en route as I type this. Little Samson... good stuff!

Edited by madhatter667
  • Like 1

OK I just had to mention that my Holy Diver Cart is hilarious and not half as cool as yours!

I put it on top of the Sharp Twin...(My Collection is really quite disorganized...this is just part)...

gallery_45412_1640_1400934.jpg

And here it is up close.

gallery_45412_1640_663890.jpg

And here's the box it came in.
gallery_45412_1640_1474206.jpg

Just ignore the Star Wars figures up there (They're on ebay right now :)

Edited by GoldLeader

Sorry sometimes my fonts go crazy and come out the wrong size! (Hence the edits)...

Yeah the green carts are just some 4 in 1 s...I have a pretty large stack of those! (Different colors and different games and different amounts of games)...I always liked collecting multicarts!

I have a regular grey cart/NES Recca too and, of all things, I think it's on one of my 4 in 1 carts...I'm really considering doing a large ebay auction to sell duplicates....If and when I do it, it will likely include things like an NEX, Wireless controllers, Tons of games (some multis too) and stuff like Flintstones, Samson, and Bio Force Ape ...Not sure what all I can part with and how many duplicates I have without going through some stuff though...

Lol. "Just" some 4-in-1s. One 4-in-1 I have has what is referred to on label as "SD Fighter." It's really Mighty Final Fight. I have a 6-in-1 t hat has Bubble Bobble Part 2. Both are pictured, but you gotta view them full sized to read. Both of those carts are worth their price of admission and more just for those titles alone. I don't care about the rest of the games on those. Lol.

Holy Diver was made in state, and half the selling point for me was the fact that it used the album art on the label. I mean if you are going to fuse metal, and Nintendo... gotta give it some style! Lol.

Your Sharp unit looks nice. Pirate game boxes are nothing to write home about. Snow Bros. came in a little grey cardboard rectangle, with a cellophane view window. Might as well not even be a box. I keep all the FC stuff in one bin, and all the NES stuff in another. No organization really, just all in one spot. It would be nice if I could find a solution where I could alphabetize, or arrange by publisher or something. Probably never happen that way. Would have better luck with cassette drawers.

• Like 1

Yeah I totally dig on your Holy Diver! Definitely the way to do that one!

And I'm pretty sure I have games like RECCA, Zombie Nation, and Snow Bros, All on Multi-carts too haha...Recca shows an F-15 as if it's Top Gun or something in the pic on the multi.

It would take some real effort to get my collection organized ..It is mostly in the same room, :grin:

Thanks for the compliment on the ol Sharp (I Love that thing!). I actually ended up with two Sharp Twins (Twin Twins haha)...Both red, one boxed...One was broke and I got it fixed, both have new cart slots, new belts and extended cords (like an American system...because Amurica! ) etc. Plus I got a lot of clone systems...And some FDS games but most are common ones I think.

Oh you know what's another highlight? I have the boards from a guy in China, who made a Famicom that actually outputs VGA and S-Video! It's really cool but won't play NES -even with an adapter :(

I have to supply my own controllers and power supply for that one and audio is a 3.5 mm cable out... IIRC it does have 4 controller ports plus a 15 pin and famiclone DB9 outs ! It's pretty neato! I helped him test it in some ways and he said I was the first order in America!

Got the Over Horizon I see. Sweet!

You know what you have that I wish I had? All those Dragon Warrior Games! I only have part 1 then I do have a SNES repro of parts I and II (fan translated, I believe it has the Japanese release town names)...Though I also have Dragon Warrior III for Gameboy Color...

Oh I just thought of another neat one in my collection I should mention to ya. I have a black multicart of unlicensed games for NES...Made in USA....Made by American Video Entertainment. Pretty sure it's a 15 in 1 (Been a long time since I fired it up)...It contains the game Chiller! I haven't priced that game in forever but it used to be worth quite a bit of coin on its own.

Nice. Yeah...that sounds like a Maxi15. I think there are two versions of it. AVE, but the other escapes me. Not very common. Is one I been meaning to get for some time. Ought to just bite that bullet...but so many titles on my backlog, and only so much money. Next payday...Everdrive.

• Like 1

Yup! It's definitely a MAXI 15...Mine doesn't have a label like some of the ones I've seen on ebay however. Either it's had the label removed or mine's just black. And I hear you moneywise. These days I'm pretty much a bargain hunter...Or I have to do without.

Today's mail call. Famicom version of Kickle Cubicle. Saw that on a review, tried it on emu, and thought it was fun enough to grab it. Same goes for Guardian Legend actually. Both are pretty fun from what I have played of them, looking forward to "wasting" more time playing them.

post-5805-0-16369700-1464040388_thumb.jpg

post-5805-0-71282000-1464040398_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Yeah...that sounds like a Maxi15. I think there are two versions of it. AVE, but the other escapes me. Not very common. Is one I been meaning to get for some time. Ought to just bite that bullet...but so many titles on my backlog, and only so much money. Next payday...Everdrive.

Oh I just figured out the other Maxi 15! It was in fact released by K-TEL! You may remember they released Disco compilations in the '70s and even a Venom album if memory serves,... There's a new sealed yellow box version on ebay right now for only $429.99 (YeeeeOuch!)